More threads by seaniaaa

seaniaaa

Reaction score
Hello all. I very very clearly remember multiple sources confirming that GBP users with multiple locations would NOT be forced to manage businesses on Search or Maps. I very specifically combed through all the information coming out around the shutdown of the GMB app to make sure, since this would greatly impact how we do business. We are now being automatically redirected to Search whenever we select a listing on the GBP manager. Our locations are ungrouped. Any tips for getting this to stop? Is the only choice to set up an agency account? Do location groups stop it? Any feedback is appreciated. This was an overnight switch that hit us out of nowhere in the last few days. And we have over a thousand individual verified listings in our account. Many are individual businesses but there are plenty with multiple locations.

There is an ask for reviews link.

ask for reviews link.png

@JoyHawkins, I work with veterinarians, optometrists, dentists, and other healthcare providers. I'm not seeing any way to edit their appointment link with this change. I'm guessing this is an oversight since the appointment link is still showing on their profile. This may be worth mentioning to Google.

@JoyHawkins, I work with veterinarians, optometrists, dentists, and other healthcare providers. I'm not seeing any way to edit their appointment link with this change. I'm guessing this is an oversight since the appointment link is still showing on their profile. This may be worth mentioning to Google.

Oh lord, I hadn't noticed that yet. That's a major problem for the legal marketing space as well.

There is an option for booking. If you click on it and scroll down, you will be able to edit it.

booking.jpg

Here's an additional "hack" though I doubt any of these hacks will last for long... but from list view, if you click on the add photos icon on the right, you're taken to the original photos interface. Then you can switch into the "Info" tab and edit the listing from there like usual.

Here's an additional "hack" though I doubt any of these hacks will last for long... but from list view, if you click on the add photos icon on the right, you're taken to the original photos interface. Then you can switch into the "Info" tab and edit the listing from there like usual.
Quick, delete this before Google sees lol.

@JoyHawkins I can't find a way to edit a Google website. There's something I need to change on a site that a client has, and there doesn't seem to be a way either in the dashboard "pencil" option or in search to access the Google website. Am I missing something? Thanks.

You can edit the website by going to edit info/contact/click pencil/manage

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 2.43.23 PM.jpg

@JoyHawkins from what I can tell "Insights" has taken a massive downgrade with the visually appealing pie charts no more available. Similar stats can be downloaded in a report but just on an excel sheet.

Also, I can't seem to find anywhere to get "Photo views". Prior to this change it would even give you stats for "Businesses like you"

@JoyHawkins from what I can tell "Insights" has taken a massive downgrade with the visually appealing pie charts no more available. Similar stats can be downloaded in a report but just on an excel sheet.

Also, I can't seem to find anywhere to get "Photo views". Prior to this change it would even give you stats for "Businesses like you"
Ah, this also means we probably can't see the old metric that showed where directions requests were coming from either.

@Sherry Bonelli shared an awesome tip for how to still use posts and have the crop photo functionality.

1667332369361.jpg

Yes, photo insights are gone (not coming back).
Ah, this also means we probably can't see the old metric that showed where directions requests were coming from either.

Correct, these are gone as well and aren't coming back.

I have a client that needs to update a menu item and I am getting a 500 server error page instead. Any one else have this issue?

@JoyHawkins I can't find a way to edit a Google website. There's something I need to change on a site that a client has, and there doesn't seem to be a way either in the dashboard "pencil" option or in search to access the Google website. Am I missing something? Thanks.

I can access the website by clicking Edit Profile > Website > (Website) Manage. If this is different from what you've done, you may want to try.

I have found that after opening the Google Business Profile Manager and finding a location, if you click on the locations Add an image icon (the camera) it will take you to your images page. On the images page, you will see the menu on the left to edit all areas in the manager.

I'm able to edit Google Website this way.
On the search page interface:
1. Click "edit profile".
2. Click "Business information"
3. Click "about" or "contact" tab.
4. Click on "website".
5. Click "manage" button that will display below it.

I'm able to edit Google Website this way.
On the search page interface:
1. Click "edit profile".
2. Click "Business information"
3. Click "about" or "contact" tab.
4. Click on "website".
5. Click "manage" button that will display below it.

This is an awesome trick to get back into Google profile manager. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Joy,

Please PLEASE pass along these "issues" specifically involving managing "UPDATES". There is NO WAY realistically to do so managing on search. Previously (as we all know) the dashboard interface would provide the the EXACT edits that have been made to a specific listing thus allowing the owner or agency to verify the voracity of the edit. There is NO WAY to do this now!! HELP!!!!!!!

PS .

I join seaniaaa's protest!!!!​

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom