More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
HI all

Am I crazy or wasnt it against Google's guidelines that you could not name an employees name in a GMB review? We have a client that is worried about privacy issues for a review that was put on their listing calling out a person by name. We reported it and Google said they wont remove. I swear it was against their guideline at some point. I read through everything and only see this

1600781062408.png

That rule is saying that a review shouldn’t be left by an employee. Not that customers can’t name an employee.

My name is used in almost half of the reviews my company has. It’s very common for a reviewer to leave the name of the service person who they were happy with. If it was against the rules, Google would literally have tens of millions of reviews to take down.

That rule is saying that a review shouldn’t be left by an employee. Not that customers can’t name an employee.

My name is used in almost half of the reviews my company has. It’s very common for a reviewer to leave the name of the service person who they were happy with. If it was against the rules, Google would literally have tens of millions of reviews to take down.

Great point! Didnt think of it in a positive way. THank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom