sarmcl

Reaction score
HI all

Am I crazy or wasnt it against Google's guidelines that you could not name an employees name in a GMB review? We have a client that is worried about privacy issues for a review that was put on their listing calling out a person by name. We reported it and Google said they wont remove. I swear it was against their guideline at some point. I read through everything and only see this

1600781062408.png

Contractor

Reaction score
That rule is saying that a review shouldn’t be left by an employee. Not that customers can’t name an employee.

My name is used in almost half of the reviews my company has. It’s very common for a reviewer to leave the name of the service person who they were happy with. If it was against the rules, Google would literally have tens of millions of reviews to take down.

sarmcl

Reaction score
That rule is saying that a review shouldn’t be left by an employee. Not that customers can’t name an employee.

My name is used in almost half of the reviews my company has. It’s very common for a reviewer to leave the name of the service person who they were happy with. If it was against the rules, Google would literally have tens of millions of reviews to take down.

Great point! Didnt think of it in a positive way. THank you!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U "Their website mentions" 🤔 - any idea how to get this to fire 🔥? Recycle Bin 0
Bryan Bloom "Their website mentions" in the map pack 🤔 - any idea how to get this to fire 🔥? Help & Support for Google Local 4
M Schema property "mentions" and its usage for references Organic SEO 6
J AP mentions? Local Search 1
Garrett Sussman How To Pull Meaningful Insights From Product Mentions in Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Brett Burky How Do I Use Our Press Mentions To Elevate Local Rankings? Local Search 7
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
C Disgruntled Employee - Redirecting Backlink to a Different URL On My Page Organic SEO 3
JohnS Disgruntled x-employee leaving fake Facebook reviews Local Reviews 4
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
keyserholiday Business getting trashed for firing an employee Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Issues With Getting a Review From Ex Employee Removed on Google Local Reviews 23
Brian Bender Any success removing former and/or disgruntled employees' negative reviews? Local Reviews 8
Cherie Dickey Review left by former employee - against standards? Local Reviews 12
Garrett Sussman How to Hire Support Employees that Guarantee Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 5
Garrett Sussman Your Employee Gets Called Out In a Review. Now What? Local Reviews 6
Tim Colling Rude call from Google employee (?) and moved office gets marked as closed Local Search 5
L Training Employees on Local SEO Consultant's Corner 7
G Fuck google - Let's destroy all entity including owners and employees - GoState.com Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Research Shows Under-cover Google Employees are "Top Reviewers" - Interesting Local Reviews 0
G Is Employee Background Verification beneficial to the employers? Recycle Bin 1
C Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
Matt Chauhan Knowledge Panel Not Appearing for Brand Name Search Google My Business & Google Maps 5
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
G Registering a DBA name as a Search Term Spam on Google 5
Geeman What to do about a GMB that continuously adds the location to their name? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
liorenda Icons in GMB name Google My Business & Google Maps 5
NevenaIvanova Bus Stop Names Update NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
D Is adding emojis to business name gets penalty from GMB? Local Search 1
SpectateSwamp Long Business Name & Citations Recycle Bin 0
TriciaClements Long Business Name & Citations Citations 9
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
Ben Walsh Branding name change for local attorney ( legalities) Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
J Change Name Request Contact Us Messages 0
coachmarino Keywords in Name NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
coachmarino DUP Keywords in Name Recycle Bin 0
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
E Re-naming Facebook Location Pages for a Multi-Location Brand Citations 11
Y My rival manipulates google autocomplete and now whenever I write keywords on google his name appears Local Search 14
Creativedge Is the Facebook page name important for local search? Local Search 1
Frank Jones Wrong Google Listing Showing For Brand Name Multi-Location Issues 2
Monica Simpson Optimizing Name - do citations matter? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7