More threads by bfrazier

bfrazier

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a client/chain business that has brick and mortars. They're in the Merchant Center already, with their products visibly showing on the front-facing side of GBP. In this situation, do you know if the "Products" feature is still available in GBP? If it is, we're trying to figure out if we double down on GBP + Merchant Center Products or do we just go with Merchant Center because doing the former isn't useful? Thank you!

My understanding is you don't need to set them up in GBP if you already have them setup in Merchant Center.

Yes, the 'Products' feature is still available in GBP, even if you're already in Merchant Center. I'd recommend using both, as GBP products can drive local sales and Merchant Center products can drive e-commerce sales. But if you had to choose, Merchant Center might be the way to go since it's more geared towards e-commerce.

Hi @bfrazier. It is a pretty complex decision. My understanding is that you can use Google MErchant Center Next for chains with less than 50 locations. Above that number of GMB accounts, you need to connect the Google Merchant Center and add a "local inventory feed" in order to show a live inventory check on the GMb locations. Once you connect either one of the Merchant Center versions, your manually added Google Products will be pushed ot the background. It is struggle to disconnect the Merchant Center after that. So you have three options. I have written them out in our "how to bulk upload products to GMB" service description. Let me know if you want to have a quick chat, we have a lot of experience getting this live for chains.

Yup - for chains once you link Merchant Center it's the only option available. Image below.

2024-08-29_9-37-53.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom