Ted J.

Reaction score
Hello again. Thought I would start a new thread since I didn't see this question posed on this forum yet. As you may have read on my previous post, I have two business locations for a gift shop in Portland, Oregon - "Hello! Good Morning!"

I'm closing one location but I would like to merge my Yelp reviews from that location with my other location on Yelp. There are many horror stories on the internet about losing all your hard-won reviews when you do this. I saw one thread that even said that you can do it, but Yelp will extort money from you to do this.

Does anyone know how to do this successfully?

Thank you!
Ted

Ted J.

Reaction score
Thank you. I see that one person claims to have paid to have the reviews merged. The odds don’t seem very good though!

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I would call in and not give them any information and just ask if they are able to do that.

If not, then I would probably try to change the information to match exactly, wait a few weeks/months, then ask for a dupe merge which should definitely keep the reviews.

I'd try those before just straight up asking for a transplant unless you call in and they say they will do that.

Ted J.

Reaction score
I'd like to report success on moving my Yelp reviews! First, I cold called Yelp without mentioning my business and asked them if they would move my reviews and they said they couldn't do that. I could have tried changing the address then merging the duplicate listing but I could not be sure that would work either. When you change the address on Yelp business, they ask why you are changing your address. I didn't know what they would do for sure if I explained my situation.

Solution: I contacted a yelp sales agent. I offered to purchase ads in exchange for moving the reviews. I found out they immediately check your website to see if the old location is still there. In my case it was and I had to remove that address from my website. Then they were able to move the reviews and photos. They also gave me a large promo offer on my ads. I tested a couple of the other methods suggested here but I felt that the only sure way to absolutely get my reviews (and photos) merged to my other location would be to offer to purchase ads. Well worth it in my opinion to keep those reviews.

Last edited:

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'd like to report success on moving my Yelp reviews! First, I cold called Yelp without mentioning my business and asked them if they would move my reviews and they said they couldn't do that. I could have tried changing the address then merging the duplicate listing but I could not be sure that would work either. When you change the address on Yelp business, they ask why you are changing your address. I didn't know what they would do for sure if I explained my situation.

Solution: I contacted a yelp sales agent. I offered to purchase ads in exchange for moving the reviews. I found out they immediately check your website to see if the old location is still there. In my case it was and I had to remove that address from my website. Then they were able to move the reviews and photos. They also gave me a large promo offer on my ads. I tested a couple of the other methods suggested here but I felt that the only sure way to absolutely get my reviews (and photos) merged to my other location would be to offer to purchase ads. Well worth it in my opinion to keep those reviews.

Wow, thanks for sharing. I've heard they play ball if you pay for ads. This is the first time I've seen someone directly report success with doing so.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jimmydoubleu Google business not listed/found on Search/Map after merge Google Duplicates & Merges 6
E.Dieter Martin 1 service area business, 1 "office", 2 phones, 2 GMB listings. Merge without losing reviews? Service Area Businesses 1
Durandl Business listing merging issue Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Merging Solo Practitioner and Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
G Merging Google+ Brand Page with Google My Business Local Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Merge (or delete) a Duplicate Google My Business Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Google+ Business Page Merged w/ Map Listing...How? Help & Support for Google Local 17
MattCheah Seeing New Dashboard Listings merged with Google+ Business Pages - Anyone else? Google My Business & Google Maps 19
Linda Buquet List of Bugs and Problems after Google+ Local Merge with G+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 0
m_j_gregory Merging Google+ Business Page and Google+ Local Listing (via separate accounts) Help & Support for Google Local 25
P Correct procedure to merge GMB pages for same business following relocation Google Duplicates & Merges 8
mikepetersonwi Merging businesses Moving or Name Changes 4
Conor Treacy Acquiring Business - Merging GMB & Reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Larry Merge or remove a business? Google Duplicates & Merges 14
Vicky Trainor One Business, 2 Websites, 2 GMB Profiles - Should I merge Everything?? Google Duplicates & Merges 14
mschaler Client bought 2 new businesses merging into 1 Help & Support for Google Local 8
K Is this a merged Google Business page? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Tyson Downs Merging Google + Brand Page with Google My Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B Merging Businesses into One Address Local Search 10
Travis Van Slooten Can This Type of Business Merge Their Google+ Biz Page with G+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Google+ Local and Google+ Business Page Not Merged Help & Support for Google Local 10
shondarogers Business Address Was Hidden in Places But is now merged and address is showing - Google My Business & Google Maps 6
danrippon Are Business Pages (finally) being merged to SAB +Local pages? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Marie Ysais Deleted Google+ Merged Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Re: Merged Hidden Address Service Area Business Help & Support for Google Local 7
Linda Buquet Don't Merge Google+ Local with G Business Pages Yet? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
J Should I verify Places dashboard even though Google+ business page is verified/merged Help & Support for Google Local 7
Mike Wilton Google+ Local Now Forcing G+ Business Merges? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Brian Reynolds Re: Service Area Business w/ Hidden Address - G+ Business Page Merge Help & Support for Google Local 8
G Merged Hidden Address Service Area Business - Should Not Have Help & Support for Google Local 0
WineCountryCarpetCleaning Merged Hidden Address Service Area Business - Should Not Have Help & Support for Google Local 20
L Service Area Business w/ Hidden Address - IMPORTANT UPDATE G+ Business Page Merge Service Area Businesses 25
Linda Buquet Service Area Business w/ Hidden Address - IMPORTANT UPDATE G+ Business Page Merge Service Area Businesses 25
Linda Buquet Google+ Local MERGE or Wait? + Benefits of Verifying Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 13
JoyHawkins Does Merging your G+ Local and Business Page Result in Increased Ranking Local Search 6
JoyHawkins Best Way to Tell if a G+ Business Page has been Merged with the G+ Local Page or Not Local Search 17
Linda Buquet Google+ Business Update - Pros and Cons of Merging Google Places Now Vs Waiting Local Search 4
seoprrocket Merging G+ business profile and a G+ local page Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Video - How to Merge your Google+ Local and G+ Business Pages - Detailed Instructions Google My Business & Google Maps 17
Linda Buquet Service Area Businesses with Hidden Address - Can't Merge Your G+ Business Page Yet Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet BREAKING! Google+ Business Merge with Google Place Pages Starts Now! Google My Business & Google Maps 42
Linda Buquet BREAKING! Google+ Business Merge with Google Place Pages Starts Now! Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R Merging two separate locations into one new one Citations 3
pbarnhart Google Search Console Merging UTM'd URLs into Canonical URLs - Suggestions? Local SEO Tools & Software 5
H Merging a listing Organic SEO 7
J Gmb help please: 2 offices merged into 1 office Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Department Listings Deleting/Merging Google Duplicates & Merges 5
P Convincing Google to merge listings Google Duplicates & Merges 2
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Brittany Barkes Merging GMB Location With Bad Reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 2