Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

In case you haven't read it yet, check out Mike Blumenthal's new post on the topic of whether it is worthwhile to build links to Google+ pages :

Should You Do Linkbuilding to Your G+ Page for Local? | Understanding Google Places & Local Search

The question of whether you should go out and put time, money and effort into ?link building? to your Google + Page, really seems like a question that distracts from the task at hand, marketing your business to an appropriate audience. It isn?t all that hard to get your Plus page to show on the front page for a brand search for your company. That hardly seems to be an effort that creates significant benefit to your business unless you are using the tactic to push unsavory results from the front page of Google.

I had suggested to Mike that he might want to return to this subject and update a piece he had written prior to the big rollout of +. Things have changed and I found his post to be really worth reading. Hope you will, too!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks so much Miriam for sharing and for asking Mike the initial question. Good one!

Marie Ysais

Reaction score
I did miss it! so thanks for bringing it to my attention.....and asking the question!! :cool:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Professor M Hi Professor M and not a fake Mike Blumenthal Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 4
D Mike Blumenthal on Dental Hacks - MASSIVE CONFUSION Local Search 5
Linda Buquet VIDEO - How Google Local Works - Mike Blumenthal at Moz Google Local 101 0
Linda Buquet Guide to Using Call Tracking for Local Search - Mike Blumenthal Local Search 0
Linda Buquet A Visual Guide to Google My Business for Multi User Management - Mike Blumenthal Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Margaret Ornsby Another Mike Blumenthal Interview recording Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Mike Blumenthal Unmasks the Pigeon Update: Hangout Video Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google My Business Hangout: "Detangling Da' Google" Starring Mike Blumenthal Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dustybones Mike Blumenthal discusses reviews and how they motivate consumers Local Reviews 1
Linda Buquet Great Google+ Local Interview with Mike Blumenthal Clears Confusion Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Starting NOW #seochat Mike Blumenthal and Nifty Marketing Local Search 0
djbaxter Warning issued to Mike Vannington Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Re: Mike Vannington Mod Squad 1
MiriamEllis Mike, Phil, Miriam and David Brainstorm Consumer Feedback Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet The Local Link Building Mega Jackpot! From Mike Ramsey & WhiteSpark Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Another New Local 3 Pack Click Through / Heat Map Study - Mike Ramsey Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Ranking Shakeups, Mike Reports Increase in Packs & Real Estate Listings are Back Google My Business & Google Maps 0
L The Nifty Guide to Awesome Local Content Marketing by Mike Ramsey Local Content 1
Linda Buquet The Nifty Guide to Awesome Local Content Marketing by Mike Ramsey Local Content 1
Linda Buquet Gold Local SEO Nuggets from Mike Ramsey - Hot Local Search Track @ Mozcon Local Search 8
Linda Buquet Mike's Google My Business Upgrades Wish List - What's hot on your list? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet The Inside Scoop on Local SEO for Attorneys - by Mike Ramsey Local Search 2
M Gday from Mike in Brisbane Australia Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 3
Optimize Prime SLC | SEM - Questions for Mike Ramsey on Local Search or G+? Local Search 0
Mike Wilton Greetings From Mike Wilton - Corona, CA Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 3
Dustybones Blumenthal's Thoughts on Home Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 11
Dustybones Blumenthal's Thoughts on Google Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet New Local Listings Video with Blumenthal & Darren Shaw Local Search 0
Linda Buquet VIDEO is UP! "State of Local Search" Webinar with Blumenthal, Shotland & Rozek Local Search 0
Linda Buquet LAST CALL: Important Local Search Webinar with Blumenthal, Shotland, Rozek Tomorrow Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Local Search Geeks Speak - Google+ Local Panel with Blumenthal, Shaw, Wilton Local Search 0
K Let's talk 2020 paid backlinks - is black hat winning? Organic SEO 4
premiumweb Let's talk software. What do you use/recommend? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
S Can we talk about Meta Tags? Organic SEO 7
Conor Treacy Feel like talking to the FBI about SEO? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
mborgelt Why Aren't More Local Pros Talking about Content Marketing? Organic SEO 6
Eric Rohrback Let's talk about email marketing Marketing 11
C Let's talk listing strategy - multiple brands at a single location Local Search 7
J Talk about the role of backlink Recycle Bin 0
M Talked to owner of a restaurant Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Michael S. Doran Let's talk about niche businesses that don't have a great category fit Google My Business & Google Maps 4
W Google+ Local "People Talk About" Section...where is it coming from?? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet The F#ing Rude Talking Google Map ;-) Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
M Influencing - People Talk About On Map Results Google My Business & Google Maps 9
G jeunnesse health talk Recycle Bin 0
Cleaner44 Let's talk about... Listings for Insurance Agencies Google My Business & Google Maps 5