More threads by Colan Nielsen

Important post
If it was showing for a few days and then not but the number of reviews in the panel look like it is still there - it looks like a technical issue?

OK thanks for your input. I'm not inclined to pursue Google as I will get a generic reply saying it is algorithmic. It really is very frustrating as it is a genuine review.

Not fixed for me. A client left one for my company- was visible for a few days and now it has disappeared although the count is still as if it is there.

This is completely unrelated to the missing reviews issue. All of the other issues were that new reviews were not showing up at all. If you had the review and then it was removed after a few days, then Google removed it.

I am not seeing the same amount of threads as we were seeing on the forum, so the missing review issue was resolved. If you are missing reviews, then should create a thread on the forum to ask for help. Please provide the following:
Name of business
Address
Screenshot of missing review.

This is completely unrelated to the missing reviews issue. All of the other issues were that new reviews were not showing up at all. If you had the review and then it was removed after a few days, then Google removed it.

I am not seeing the same amount of threads as we were seeing on the forum, so the missing review issue was resolved. If you are missing reviews, then should create a thread on the forum to ask for help. Please provide the following:
Name of business
Address
Screenshot of missing review.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate it. I really feel though that it would be a wasted effort as it has happened before to me and I pursued it all for nothing. In the last few months, Google also removed all my reviews by mistake and I had to get them back over a long drawn-out process and so I feel exhausted by the thought of it all. I feel powerless and I 100% doubt I'd get it back. I do have a screenshot of it though for my own benefit!

Still experiencing the same issue on my client account. The issue here is that the review didn't even show to begin with - so it wasn't like the algo caught spam deleted it - it simply didn't show up on the profile. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

Still experiencing the same issue on my client account. The issue here is that the review didn't even show to begin with - so it wasn't like the algo caught spam deleted it - it simply didn't show up on the profile. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

Again, this issue was resolved, so if you are having an issue, it's unrelated and you should ask for help on the GBP Forum. I have been monitoring the situation and we are only seeing less than 5 threads a day. This is a drastic decrease from when it was broken. I am also seeing that new reviews are being published like normal.

I had a review from 3 weeks ago disappear, then by magic it reappeared the other day. (photo they posted is still gone)

Dashboard says; Review 4 days ago, response from owner 3 weeks ago

Time travel is possible.

Let me preface this by saying I know that today is April Fools Day, but this is not a prank reply.
The missing review issue is officially resolved. For any businesses missing Google reviews, this is working as intended. If you feel that your business is missing legitimate reviews, then create a thread new thread on the GBP forum.

Let me preface this by saying I know that today is April Fools Day, but this is not a prank reply.
The missing review issue is officially resolved. For any businesses missing Google reviews, this is working as intended. If you feel that your business is missing legitimate reviews, then create a thread new thread on the GBP forum.

It may be declared resolved by some but not over for others unfortunately for old issues. Replies that are 3 weeks older than the review doesn't make anyone look good imo. Many things with Google are hard work to resolve, not unusual for a corporate of that size to be fair.

I've had to stop all Adwords campaigns because of the way it connects to local profile addresses. The work continues on that one. If I have time and if it isn't resolved with the direct email convo. I'll try the forum. Thanks mate.

It may be declared resolved by some but not over for others unfortunately for old issues. Replies that are 3 weeks older than the review doesn't make anyone look good imo. Many things with Google are hard work to resolve, not unusual for a corporate of that size to be fair.

I've had to stop all Adwords campaigns because of the way it connects to local profile addresses. The work continues on that one. If I have time and if it isn't resolved with the direct email convo. I'll try the forum. Thanks mate.
Please keep in mind that Google Business Profiles is completely free. With that being said, the review issue is fixed. If you are having issues with your reviews not showing up, it's the new review filter that is filtering them out. Google is under tremendous pressure to tackle the fake review problem. They are doing what Yelp has been doing for years.

Please keep in mind that Google Business Profiles is completely free. With that being said, the review issue is fixed. If you are having issues with your reviews not showing up, it's the new review filter that is filtering them out. Google is under tremendous pressure to tackle the fake review problem. They are doing what Yelp has been doing for years.

I disagree with some of your other comments but that is off topic so will leave it at that. I appreciate your reply and efforts on the subject of reviews.

The problem with ~8 of my client's reviews not showing up is still not resolved. I put in a Support Ticket ID, [2-3191000032625] to Google some time ago.

I submitted a thread on the Google Business Help Profile six days ago but have not had any response. I documented three of the reviews with screenshots in an attached Google doc.

Here's the link to the thread, I have a client who had 8-9 Google reviews go missing last month; trying to get them to appear - Google Business Profile Community
Here's a link to the Google doc, https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ouid=111190332429664522267&rtpof=true&sd=true

The problem with ~8 of my client's reviews not showing up is still not resolved. I put in a Support Ticket ID, [2-3191000032625] to Google some time ago.

I submitted a thread on the Google Business Help Profile six days ago but have not had any response. I documented three of the reviews with screenshots in an attached Google doc.

Here's the link to the thread, I have a client who had 8-9 Google reviews go missing last month; trying to get them to appear - Google Business Profile Community
Here's a link to the Google doc, https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ouid=111190332429664522267&rtpof=true&sd=true

There is a difference between not fixed and a separate issue. The issue where reviews were not published in March is completely 100% fixed. What you and many others are experiencing is Google's tightening AI on reviews. It's like saying my car won't start after I replaced the battery when you are out of gas. We are talking about apples and oranges. If your clients are able to get a screenshot of the missing reviews, you should ask for help on the GBP forum.

There is a difference between not fixed and a separate issue. The issue where reviews were not published in March is completely 100% fixed. What you and many others are experiencing is Google's tightening AI on reviews. It's like saying my car won't start after I replaced the battery when you are out of gas. We are talking about apples and oranges. If your clients are able to get a screenshot of the missing reviews, you should ask for help on the GBP forum.

I did ask for help on the GBP forum six days ago, I have a client who had 8-9 Google reviews go missing last month; trying to get them to appear - Google Business Profile Community - I attached a document with screenshots that three people sent to me.

Here's a link to the Google doc, Missing Reviews.docx

Oh I feel your pain. I've spent / wasted days trying to get just one review reinstated. I used a screen shot of the email that came through, I could have even offered to show the invoice to the client, the products from sale.

No interest, emailed back and forth, on chat for ages with one rep who was not helpful at all (so I left an appropriate negative review for that person).

Then I got a phone call from another rep, which was a nice person that went over a number of factors why etc. Still not reinstated but I appreciated the time and effort that person went too.

What I did get though, by coincidence, was someone marking my GBP that the business had closed down shortly afterwards. That's never happened before. If you watch NCIS, no such thing as a coincidence?

Other review platforms are high on my list of things to look into.

Good luck with your clients reviews.

Oh I feel your pain. I've spent / wasted days trying to get just one review reinstated. I used a screen shot of the email that came through, I could have even offered to show the invoice to the client, the products from sale.

No interest, emailed back and forth, on chat for ages with one rep who was not helpful at all (so I left an appropriate negative review for that person).

Then I got a phone call from another rep, which was a nice person that went over a number of factors why etc. Still not reinstated but I appreciated the time and effort that person went too.

What I did get though, by coincidence, was someone marking my GBP that the business had closed down shortly afterwards. That's never happened before. If you watch NCIS, no such thing as a coincidence?

Other review platforms are high on my list of things to look into.

Good luck with your clients reviews.

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. These things seem to take on a life of their own :(

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom