More threads by LaurenHoward

LaurenHoward

Solutions
Reaction score
(I did contact Google support this morning for this issue and am waiting to hear back, but the client is very upset so is wanting answers ASAP, I figured I would ask you all if you've seen this before.)
Our client recently noticed that their GMB profile is displaying a wrong number, but ONLY in mobile SERPs. This number does not exist in the backend/GMB dashboard, on any of their ads, nor is their evidence of suggested edits changing the phone number.
We have been able to duplicate this issue on iPhones and androids- I personally get the wrong number 864-571-5256 when searching "waldrop sc" on my phone using safari and chrome, but when I search on the Google Maps app it shows the correct number (864) 740-8997. On desktop the correct number displays. The client did contact support on their own first and got a generic response telling him how to edit the phone number in the GMB dashboard which isn't the problem.

Waldrop Plumbing - Heating - Air

331 S Hammett Rd, Greer, SC 29651

Search on iPhone for "Waldrop SC" on Chrome app showing a random phone number 864-571-5256:
1610041168783.png

Search result on Google Maps app showing correct phone number (864) 740-8997:

1610041215319.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom