FriarTuck00

Reaction score
I've got a client with nearly 20 locations in multiple cities across the state. They're opening a new location in June in a city where they already have 4 locations. Their plan is to close the existing location and all of the employees will work from the new location starting 6/1. However, they have stated that there is a chance that they'll reopen the "old" location at some point but they're not certain if that will actually happen.

My question is this: Knowing that there's a possibility that the old location could reopen, is it better/best practice to change the GMB info to the new address when they move (keeping all of the photos, reviews, etc...) or create a new GMB listing for the new address and mark the existing one as closed? Then if the old location is reopened, it's as simple as a few clicks in GMB to have it listed as open again.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
billenross Moving from franchise to independent All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
rich_marlatt What is the GMB best practice for moving offices? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
lincolnchan What to do when one business acquires another and moves into their location? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Jeffrey Marking GMB as moved Moving or Name Changes 12
Jason_Parks1 Moving Locations Google My Business & Google Maps 4
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 7
AndySimpson Your insights are moving - New Look for Insight Reports NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
A LSAs Moving to Auction Paid Search and Local Service Ads 12
Jim Froling Moving to a Containing Location Moving or Name Changes 5
rossdunn Verifying Business Moving Guidelines All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
M Business Suspended for Using Virtual Address, Moving to New Real Location Moving or Name Changes 4
raellovepie Map Snippet - KP under Popular Times | GMB moving it down? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Zdenek Horak Spam Moving company stehovanikutilek.cz Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Caroline S Maps Results Moving Down The Page? Anyone Else Seeing This ? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mikepetersonwi Temporary move? Moving or Name Changes 1
jpayne7 Business Planning on Moving Multiple Times in Short Timeframe Moving or Name Changes 2
Scott ClientClicks Move + Name Change: Possible to keep GMB? Moving or Name Changes 3
Rich Owings Moving SAB long distance Moving or Name Changes 9
M SAB Moving - Best Practices for 2020 Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter New features in Search Console to help you move your site Moving or Name Changes 0
A SAB Moving - Best Practices for 2020 Moving or Name Changes 2
MonicaH SAB moving from primary target location to non-target location - best way to handle GMB? Moving or Name Changes 4
Rich Owings SAB with hidden address moving their office - How to handle in GMB? Service Area Businesses 5
G Moved my business and listing got suspended. Why? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Hammer Review stars missing and reviews section moved down Local Search 3
kathleen.rhodes What to do with a GMB listing after purchasing a business and moving there Moving or Name Changes 2
Jen Currier Can Facebook Reviews be moved from one Company Page to another? Local Reviews 2
J Business moving offices after suspension Moving or Name Changes 9
j_holtslander Solved: Simultaneous multi-location moves Google My Business & Google Maps 12
SmallBizGeek Google forums moving to new platform - save your old content Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
OnlineLobstar GMB Performance Keep Going Down After Moving to Service Areas Service Area Businesses 2
J Dental practice moving to a new location Moving or Name Changes 11
ChristianRdz Moved business, listing was suspended and reinstated but lost all reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Ted J. Merging Two Business Listings to One Location on Yelp - Moving Reviews Across Listings Local Search 8
J Best way to move content to new page. Websites, Software, and Security 2
J Trouble moving my website up in rank. Local Search 28
georgebizpro Client moved, been updating citations but rankings dropping Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Jen Currier New Business Moving in 6 months - Submit Aggregator Listings Now or Later Citations 2
JoshuaMackens New GMB Duplicate Move Process? Google Duplicates & Merges 9
Tim Colling This should be moved to a new thread of its own, right? Local Search Experts Forum 4
OneBlessedDude Business moved out of state, Seemed to be in a Jail Local Search 20
JoyHawkins Google Posts Moving to the Bottom of the Knowledge Panel? Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Server Move Complete Forum Tech Support 5
N Google listing only appears when I move / zoom in or out of the map Local Search 5
L After moving site to HTTPS do i need to update all directory / NAP listings ? Local Search 2
d2minc Client Rebranding and Moving - Same Site and Phone - New Name and Address Citations 3
C Re-verification on Business Move Google My Business & Google Maps 1
G Adding Roads, Editing Road Names & Moving Pins in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3