FriarTuck00

Reaction score
I've got a client with nearly 20 locations in multiple cities across the state. They're opening a new location in June in a city where they already have 4 locations. Their plan is to close the existing location and all of the employees will work from the new location starting 6/1. However, they have stated that there is a chance that they'll reopen the "old" location at some point but they're not certain if that will actually happen.

My question is this: Knowing that there's a possibility that the old location could reopen, is it better/best practice to change the GMB info to the new address when they move (keeping all of the photos, reviews, etc...) or create a new GMB listing for the new address and mark the existing one as closed? Then if the old location is reopened, it's as simple as a few clicks in GMB to have it listed as open again.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey @FriarTuck00 I would go with "create a new GMB listing for the new address and mark the existing one as closed? Then if the old location is reopened, it's as simple as a few clicks in GMB to have it listed as open again"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Newest Posts

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom