More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
David Mihm just announced some updates to Moz Local.

Here is the TL;DR version:

- Simplified web interface for listing submission and editing
- Expanded duplicate listing detection and streamlined closure
- Slightly slower, but more reliable listing updates on Factual
- Price increase to $84 per location per year starting October 1

However "any listings purchased prior to that date will be grandfathered in at the $49 rate."

<a href="http://moz.com/blog/moz-local-summer-updates">Moz Local Summer Updates - Moz</a>

Hard to believe, but it’s been five months since we released Moz Local into the wild! As I’m sure has been the case for many of you, our summer has just flown by.

While our engineering team has been hard at work on a number of behind-the-scenes improvements since Day One, today marks our first major feature release since launch--and it actually includes three features.

So if you've been holding off, now is the time to get in and take advantage as they improve the platform.

hmmm. I like the moz product, and I use it, but, I'm not sure why the price increase is justified. What do we get for this? An actual interface to enter data - which they should have had in the first place?

I'm not sold.

hmmm. I like the moz product, and I use it, but, I'm not sure why the price increase is justified. What do we get for this? An actual interface to enter data - which they should have had in the first place?

I'm not sold.

So I don't see it as what do we get for this price increase.

The price started off too low to begin with IMO. It was too low to be able to support and grow the product. You need to be able to pay programmers and work on feature expansion and building more relationships with other data providers. You can't do the work to make a product better, if the cost is too low to provide any working capital.

I thought it was TOO good of a deal before. Now I still think it's a no-brainer.

Enter the market at a bargain, get tons of product feedback and then increase it to where it should be. I'd say it's still undervalued.

Agree with Linda on this one.

@HoosierBuff

I'm with Linda and Joshua. The $49 was just a loss leader. Moz did a round of beta-testing before the launch, but the quest for early feedback continued.

What happens with listings when it's time for renewal? Do you need to punch in the credit card again after the year, or do they auto renew? I think I missed that on the Moz site.

I would imagine you can auto renew. If not, I'm sure the option is forthcoming.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom