More threads by SSMMatt

SSMMatt

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recently asked for advice on how to get reinstatements for 3 GBPs and not sure how to answer. The person owns 4 clothing stores each with their own url.

In total, 4 total suspensions have happened. One of the employees with the same domain email as the account owner created a NEW GBP profile for one of the suspended profiles. That GBP remains active and unsuspended. The other 3 however remain suspended. They've applied for reinstatement and have been denied.

Looking for guidance on how to approach the other 3. Should they just go through the Google Help Community?

Matt

have you verified that it's not the user account that has been suspended? That'll cause all the GBPs in it to be suspended and reinstatement will not be possible until the account is removed from the GBPs

How do you tell if it's the user account? I'm assuming it is since all of the profiles were suspended. What if they are the owner, how do you remove the user account?

The user icon is greyed out and barred. It's the same procedure as for removing a user. You have to transfer the main ownership and then you can just remove the access.

The first icon in this screen capture is from a suspended account:
1693496012135.png

Thanks, JS. Is it ok if the new owner is on the same domain or do they need to be on a different one?

I don't think it matters. In our case there was a separate email on the same domain that was not suspended that also had access. Basically the client at some point had switched to a wholly different email and as a result was not even aware that the original account had been suspended.

That goes well beyond my expertise--and of course assumes that this is indeed the problem, which is not confirmed yet. But I would assume so? I've never had to deal with a Google account suspension myself.

Thanks, JS. Turns out the user account was NOT suspended. However, all of the GBP profiles were suspended at the same time. Do you think removing the user still applies?

Well, if the icon in the user list was not modified per the image above, that's not surprising that the account was not suspended. I don't think anything else would automatically cause all three business profiles to be suspended then, unless there's some REALLY weird stuff gong on (Zanet Design documented one case where it turned out the account was suspended, but it was really a case of duplication and they just wanted the business to use a different business profile). However, navigating a case like that is worse than herding cats.

Well, if the icon in the user list was not modified per the image above, that's not surprising that the account was not suspended. I don't think anything else would automatically cause all three business profiles to be suspended then, unless there's some REALLY weird stuff gong on (Zanet Design documented one case where it turned out the account was suspended, but it was really a case of duplication and they just wanted the business to use a different business profile). However, navigating a case like that is worse than herding cats.

I'm having the same problem. 2 weeks ago they suspended 2 of my client's sites and 2 of my own for no reason. First, they said suspicious activity and then said quality issues. These sites have been on GMB for at years. I dont know what to do. support just gives standard responses and no real advice.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 8.01.21 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 11.39.13 AM.jpg

Damn it, I'm having the same issue. How come the legit listing with 5+ years of history gets suspended, and then is not reinstated because of "quality issues", plus given that we've not changed, edited anything

I'm getting the feeling that Google's AI is slowly realizing that the only way to eliminate spammy, fake and low-quality profiles is to eliminate all profiles...

Damn it, I'm having the same issue. How come the legit listing with 5+ years of history gets suspended, and then is not reinstated because of "quality issues", plus given that we've not changed, edited anything

Curious. Are you a local guide?

After reading your reply last night I went and scoured the rules. Wild unsubstantiated guess, could it be related to UGC on maps?

It 100% can be related to this. I advise people to NEVER store their Google Business Profiles in an account where they do lots of edits on Maps. If one of your edits trips a spam filter and you get your account blacklisted (yes, I've seen this happen to people who had over 100,000 edits), it will suspend all your listings in your account.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom