MJLocal123

Reaction score
Hey there,

So I'm quite new to local SEO and have a question about GMB.

I have a client that has multiple physical locations, in multiple cities. A lot of the competitors are established and have strong GMB profiles. I'm wondering whether:
  1. They should only have one 1 GMB per city, in order to consolidate various user signals, such as reviews, so that they have more chance of competing with established listings. I imagine they could lose out on hyper-local searches due to just having 1 GMB listing.
  2. They have a GMB listing for each physical location, in each city. Could be tough to compete in the local pack in the short / medium term, but could prove fruitful in the long run.
I'm leaning towards option 2. With option 2, my understanding is they could centralise the management of all their locations using a location group account?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
If they have physical locations that customers visit them at, then they should have and have set up GMB listings. There is no rule that one main GMB listing will be more powerful than several just as multiple will perform better than one.

Reaction score
@MJLocal123 - The physical distance between the searcher and your business location (i.e. proximity) has a huge impact on map rankings. If you use a single location in an attempt to consolidate reviews, you'll miss out on this important ranking factor.

The guidelines require the phone number used on a listing to connect customers directly to the location. Depending on how you plan to implement the phone number in your option #1, you may find yourself violating that rule.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Some questions with GMB and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
B GMB Multiple Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Adam Humphreys GMB Multiple Business at Location Blocks Edits Moving or Name Changes 3
J GMB listings for medical practice with multiple doctors Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Tim Colling Tools to upload multiple photos to GMB, one or two per day? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
D Multiple locations on GMB with the same Name and Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
M How to add multiple sites [Services] to GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
DigitalMarketer Business Description & Multiple Location GMB Multi-Location Issues 3
JSammon512 Multiple GMB Profiles Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Kahlert Citations for multiple GMB listings Citations 4
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
M Setting Up Multiple GMB Question Multi-Location Issues 2
Oliver Keates GMB Listings for multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
D Google My Business (GMB) Multiple Doctors & Locations for Same Clinic (with different brands) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Digitaldar How to Report Multiple GMB entries? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Digitaldar Multiple Locations - On Website, Facebook and GMB Local Search 0
Oliver Keates Managing Multiple GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Hammer Auto posting to multiple locations (using GMB post feature) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
N Multiple GMB for Service Area Business Multi-Location Issues 2
N Multiple GMB for Service Area Business Multi-Location Issues 2
L New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
latin_sydney New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
H Ways to track multiple GMB profiles at once? Local Search 5
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Auto Shop w/multiple internal department in GMB name. Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Local Search News Curator Brand New GMB Feature: Add Multiple Owners to GMB Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet GMB Terms of Service Update: Multiple Owners Now Allowed Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J How to Add Logo to Multiple Locations in GMB Help & Support for Google Local 5
RuggedSEO 1 website & 1 GMB page - found in multiple cities for local search results Google My Business & Google Maps 9
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
H Practitioner Listings at Multiple Business Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
N My Business in Multiple Locations leaving me with 3 unanswered questions Multi-Location Issues 2
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
ForwardMotion Multiple Practitioners at One Office Location Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
JillH Multiple Location Issue Local Search 3
divotagency Service Area Business - Multiple locations Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Jens Multiple local pages for the same location? Local Content 1
jpayne7 Business Planning on Moving Multiple Times in Short Timeframe Moving or Name Changes 2