Reaction score
So I've made a goal this year that I'm going to be a review fanatic. I'm going to leave reviews for every business I do business with in 2013 on Google+ Local and Yelp. Well the process has started and here are my observations so far with Google+ Local.

I've had a Google account since 2005 and I use Google for everything. The point is, I'm a Google user with a loooong history. I left my first reviews a couple weeks ago and they didn't show up immediately. It took about 2-3 weeks before they went live. Now when I leave reviews they are almost instant.

What I found interesting is that even a Google user with a long history has their reviews filtered to a degree in that the first reviews take a while to show up - but they do show up. They are not filtered out.

The other thing I noticed was that it seems so many businesses have really old reviews. You're hard pressed to find reviews less than a few months old on most listings. Most businesses have reviews that are a year old or older. My thinking is those businesses that can get even a couple recent reviews will have a leg up on their competition. I believe all things being equal, the business who has the most RECENT reviews will rank better. I have no idea if that is true but it's just a hunch.

Travis Van Slooten

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Chris_Gregory Penguin 4.0 Information + Observations Local Search 1
pbarnhart Massive compression in Local Map Pack results being observed 7/14 Local Search 8
Linda Buquet Official Launch: Google Home Service Ads - Some Observations Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
Linda Buquet Minor Google Local Update & Some Googlicious Observations Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update Google Algorithm Discussions 7
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Page experience: Now a new Google ranking factor Organic SEO 0
virens Other's experience signing up/starting LSAs from the UK and beyond (now that the UK is in the list) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Chad Fake, Negative Reviews & Reputation Management - A Personal Experience Recycle Bin 0
Ben Walsh Anyone have any experience with GMB briefcase? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
T How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Recycle Bin 2
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
dave101 Looking for an SEO consultant with experience optimizing IT support companies Local SEO Job Board 1
dave101 Anyone have experience with optimizing IT Support companies? Service Area Businesses 0
kathleen.rhodes Does anyone have experience with eClincher for posting to GMB (and social sites)? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Michael S. Doran How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Recycle Bin 0
H Any experience with "Goodzer"? Local Search 3
Brian Bender Any experience using BrightEdge for local SEO? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Tim Colling How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Google My Business & Google Maps 58
Dan Foland Has anyone else experienced low quality user experiences in Google search results lately? Organic SEO 2
R BBB Review Product - Any Experience with this? Local Reviews 5
rosie.brightlocal SMBs: We want to hear your marketing experiences! Local Search 0
Scott Rawlins eGumball Experience? Sorry Scott removed. See inside. Recycle Bin 3
AndiFox The new Abusive Experiences in GSC Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H anyone have experience with facebook multi-location business pages Local Search 2
Jason Rogers Experience with Google Business Websites? Any negatives? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
F Experience with Synup Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Linda Buquet [MODS] Ignore Moderated Posts - Linda experimenting Mod Squad 0
pbarnhart AdWords Express - Need Your Experiences (good and bad) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
Linda Buquet 16 SEO Experiments with Surprising Results That Will Change How You Do SEO Organic SEO 2
Marie Haynes Have you experimented with plugins to improve page speed? Organic SEO 21
djbaxter Page Load Speed as a Ranking vs User Experience Factor Organic SEO 2
shondarogers REMOVED - Any experience with Local Splash? Recycle Bin 1
Tim Colling Loganix - any user experiences? Citations 15
D Any experiences with the Google Business View, the 360 degree photo tour of an smb Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Mobile Local Search: Goldmine, Micro-Moments & Mobile User Experience - Via Rio SEO Mobile & Social 1
Ben Walsh Onsite process to maximize service visibility and improve user experience (mind map) Local Search 3
Dustybones How to completely remove a site from Google: Moz Experiment Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Dustybones Test your websites usability by having a random user record their experience. Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Dustybones Moz shares their experience when launching their new blog Marketing 0
KungFuBacklinks Your experience with Periods, Commas and special characters in the business name? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Linda Buquet 10 SEO experiments that will change the way you do SEO Organic SEO 2
RobinOctane Review Badges-Experience? Local Reviews 7
Travis Van Slooten Who Wants More Clients? PPC and Ongoing SEO Experience Required Consultant's Corner 6
Dustybones Semiologic: Anyone have an experience with this wordpress software Local SEO Tools & Software 2
Marie Ysais Any experience with Joomla Websites with Canonical Problems? Local Search 8
Mike Wilton Experience with Thumbtack Leads Local SEO Tools & Software 9
Lachlan_Wells Accept/Discard Google Updates - Does this feature work for you? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
E "Duplicate" Profile That Google Claims We Already Manage? Google Duplicates & Merges 1