More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
So I've made a goal this year that I'm going to be a review fanatic. I'm going to leave reviews for every business I do business with in 2013 on Google+ Local and Yelp. Well the process has started and here are my observations so far with Google+ Local.

I've had a Google account since 2005 and I use Google for everything. The point is, I'm a Google user with a loooong history. I left my first reviews a couple weeks ago and they didn't show up immediately. It took about 2-3 weeks before they went live. Now when I leave reviews they are almost instant.

What I found interesting is that even a Google user with a long history has their reviews filtered to a degree in that the first reviews take a while to show up - but they do show up. They are not filtered out.

The other thing I noticed was that it seems so many businesses have really old reviews. You're hard pressed to find reviews less than a few months old on most listings. Most businesses have reviews that are a year old or older. My thinking is those businesses that can get even a couple recent reviews will have a leg up on their competition. I believe all things being equal, the business who has the most RECENT reviews will rank better. I have no idea if that is true but it's just a hunch.

Travis Van Slooten

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom