More threads by Scotricity

Reaction score
Hi all from the Local Search Forum thank's for viewing.

Firstly let me introduce myself as I am new to the forum.

My name is Patrick, founder of Scotricity.
Feel free to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+

Ok Guys & Girls, I trying to work out if it is viable to use my company name.
You seem like the best place to get my questions answered.

1. Firstly I have registered my domains www.scotricity.co.uk, com, uk etc

2. Secondly I have secured my social media profiles.

3. Thirdly I have started creating my N.A.P Citations. Claimed G.M.B, Bing etc

Scotricity, 21 Bridge Of Weir Road, Paisley, PA3 3DS (0141 882 7999)
Ok my problem is:

There is already a company registered with companies house, (Scotricity Limited)
The company is however a dormant company with no online footprint but it does have a different N.A.P.

The companies house information has however been published by scraper websites. 77 in total (searched google for "scotricity" + "ca7 5jz")

The scraper website's do not list the company's phone number or website and they are all unclaimed. It is also not possible to edit some of the citations either as they have been automatically scraped from Companies house.

I have a few issues / questions:

Will "scotricity limited" citations be viewed as duplicates. Or will it be viewed as a completely separate business? Bear in mind that my name is "Scotricity, ETC"

2 I am going to register a name with companies house in the near future, obviously it cannot be the same as another company so I will have to register "Scotricity Energy Limited" or something similar with my correct address & phone.

Is this going to create more inconsistent data once again being scraped by scraper websites as the name is not the same. Or will it be viewed by google as my citation as it will contain the same address? I am confusing myself...

Should I not be worried about my official company name on companies house? And just continue pushing "Scotricity, address, etc" across the major data aggregators?

Or should I try and update the 77 citations relating to "scotricity limited" to point to my address, phone & website? But then again I will have 77 more from "scotricity energy limited"

Or Should I just choose another name?
:(

Please provide your thoughts people.

Any help is appreciated

Thank's

Welcome to the forum!

Trying to tackle one issue at a time:

1. Will "scotricity limited" citations be viewed as duplicates. Or will it be viewed as a completely separate business? Bear in mind that my name is "Scotricity, ETC"

No. If that is a different business with a unique address and phone (also the name is different), then it won't be a duplicate.

2. I am going to register a name with companies house in the near future, obviously it cannot be the same as another company so I will have to register "Scotricity Energy Limited" or something similar with my correct address & phone.

So does this business not exist yet?

3. Should I not be worried about my official company name on companies house? And just continue pushing "Scotricity, address, etc" across the major data aggregators?

If this is a home-based business, then you need to hide the address where possible. This is especially important for Google, Bing, etc.

I'm actually a little confused. Is this business operational today, or wil it be operational soon? The difference is that you can't claim sites like GMB/Bing/etc. until the business is open. If you're still in the process of deciding on a business name, and doors aren't open to the public then you're getting a little ahead of yourself with citation work.

If "scotricity limited" is an existing company (and a competitor I assume?), and you're going to call the company "Scotricity, ETC" then why make the names so similar? I think that could create brand confusion and hurt you long term if you're in the same vertical.

So Scotricity Limited and Scotricity are different companies?

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless there is a listing on Google Maps for Scotricity Limited.

Thank you Eric & Joy for your response.

I think I am confusing myself.

In response to Joy:
Yes they are 2 separate businesses.
No google maps listing.

I essentially have my heart set on the name "Scotricity"

BUT, I am stalling over the fact that I can't register "Scotricity Limited" as this would solve all my problems.

There is a dormant company called "Scotricity Limited" with the following N.A.P:
Scotricity Limited, Sycamore House Kirkbride, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7 5JZ
The company does not have a phone number and is not currently trading

I have spoken with the director and he has no plans to take the business or name any further so he is not really a competitor just a registered name with companies house and left it dormant.

What I really need to know / what I am concerned about:

My N.A.P currently looks like this:
Scotricity, 21 Bridge Of Weir Road, Paisley, PA3 3DS

Companies house will look like this once I register the company, I presume this will be published by other scraper websites:
Scotricity Energy Limited, 21 Bridge Of Weir Road, Paisley, PA3 3DS

There is also the dormant company currently registered at companies house, which has been published by other scraper websites:

Is this going to create a inconsistency with my citations as there will be 2 seperate N.A.P citations for the same business with the same address but different name's:
"Scotricity" - "Scotricity Energy Limited"

[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Should I not be too concerned with my registered name at companies house?
Register "Scotricity Energy Limited" and continue with my current N.A.P format currently in use:
[/FONT]Scotricity, 21 Bridge Of Weir Road, Paisley, PA3 3DS[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]

Should I change my current name N.A.P "Scotricity" to match companies house "Scotricity Energy Limited"? (Don't really like the look of this though)[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Should I try to change the dormant companies N.A.P citations to match my address?[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Sorry to be so confusing.[/FONT]:confused:

[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]Just want it right from the start this time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Thank you Eric & Joy for your response.

I think I am confusing myself.

In response to Joy:
Yes they are 2 separate businesses.
No google maps listing.

I essentially have my heart set on the name "Scotricity"

BUT, I am stalling over the fact that I can't register "Scotricity Limited" as this would solve all my problems.

There is a dormant company called "Scotricity Limited" with the following N.A.P:
The company does not have a phone number and is not currently trading

I have spoken with the director and he has no plans to take the business or name any further so he is not really a competitor just a registered name with companies house and left it dormant.

What I really need to know / what I am concerned about:

My N.A.P currently looks like this:

Companies house will look like this once I register the company, I presume this will be published by other scraper websites:
Scotricity Energy Limited, 21 Bridge Of Weir Road, Paisley, PA3 3DS

There is also the dormant company currently registered at companies house, which has been published by other scraper websites:

Is this going to create a inconsistency with my citations as there will be 2 seperate N.A.P citations for the same business with the same address but different name's:
"Scotricity" - "Scotricity Energy Limited"

Should I not be too concerned with my registered name at companies house?
Register "Scotricity Energy Limited" and continue with my current N.A.P format currently in use:

Should I change my current name N.A.P "Scotricity" to match companies house "Scotricity Energy Limited"? (Don't really like the look of this though)

Should I try to change the dormant companies N.A.P citations to match my address?

Sorry to be so confusing.:confused:

Just want it right from the start this time.

If you want to brand yourself as "Scotricity" instead of "Scotricity Energy Limited" I don't think that's an issue at all. Lots of companies have official names (I think ours might be Imprezzio Marketing Canada LLC or something but we still go with Imprezzio Marketing).

If there is a listing on a site already for "Scotricity Energy Limited", I would just claim it and edit it to just say "Scotricity". Google is smart enough to realize you're the same business. You can also add additional names for a business on Google MapMaker just to be safe.

I wouldn't worry about the dormant company as their phone # and address are completely different.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom