More threads by MaxAdventures

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help explain what is causing a huge drop in local ranking for my business. We are a kids party center in Brooklyn, NY. Max Adventures Kids Birthday Party Place and were always ranking decent with almost 500 reviews on google. All of a sudden in the past couple of month we started to drop in rankings. Thank you in advance I appreciate your help.
our website is www.maxadventuresny.com
The second screen shot is from April and how we were ranked

Now
Screenshot 2023-05-24 21.44.38.jpg

April
2Screenshot 2023-05-24 22.02.29.jpg

Solution
Hi can someone please help explain what is causing a huge drop in local ranking for my business. We are a kids party center in Brooklyn, NY. Max Adventures Kids Birthday Party Place and were always ranking decent with almost 500 reviews on google. All of a sudden in the past couple of month we started to drop in rankings. Thank you in advance I appreciate your help.

Now

April

@MaxAdventures I don't believe that you lost rankings, I suspect that there is a data issue with the bar graphs.
@Jenny_BrightLocal is there something wrong with the ranking reports? I see the bars go above or below the line. They should all reach one line. I also see this weird drop in the bar graphs for multiple locations where no keywords lost rankings.

Rank-Tracker-Brightlocal-com (2).jpg

@keyserholiday Thanks for sharing this, I can share this around and find out. The best thing to also do would be to raise a support ticket so the right team can look into your account and get back to you directly, answer any questions or look into any further details for you. Thanks!

@keyserholiday Thanks for sharing this, I can share this around and find out. The best thing to also do would be to raise a support ticket so the right team can look into your account and get back to you directly, answer any questions or look into any further details for you. Thanks!

Hi Jenny thank you for reply. Do you mean support ticket with google?

Now

April

@MaxAdventures I don't believe that you lost rankings, I suspect that there is a data issue with the bar graphs.

Solution
From my perspective this is a Brightlocal issue. I had the same skewed bar graph reporting with brightlocal for the last two weeks. A law firm client of mine flipped out when they saw the brightlocal reports. I am receiving my weekly reports as I type, and it looks like brightlocal has rectified the issue. I know you mentioned, Max, that you'd likewise noticed a dip in G analytics etc; That may be the case, but definitely a brightlocal glitch at play too.

From my perspective this is a Brightlocal issue. I had the same skewed bar graph reporting with brightlocal for the last two weeks. A law firm client of mine flipped out when they saw the brightlocal reports. I am receiving my weekly reports as I type, and it looks like brightlocal has rectified the issue. I know you mentioned, Max, that you'd likewise noticed a dip in G analytics etc; That may be the case, but definitely a brightlocal glitch at play too.

I created a support ticket and the issue was resolved.

Thank you Megan

First of all, make sure it actually coincides with that update date, and remember, it might not have been the update at all.

But there is a thread about this here: How did the March 2023 Core Algorithm Update Impact Local Rankings?

It got a little off topic but if you conclude that it was indeed the march update affecting you would be good to post in that thread

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom