More threads by peweb

peweb

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just created a listing for a friend and we are waiting for post card. I am going to read and learn as much as possible about GMB (my friend is not tech savvy) to help my friends and eventually tun this into a business.

Do you know a good and comprehensive guide and course on how to get the most of the GMB? My friend is a lawyer and I see there are 20+ lawyers with GMB in our area so we need to know what to do and what not to do to get his GMB ranked on the first 10 (in top 3), if possible.

First question - how to name the business? Should we use First Name + Last Name + lawyer in City?

All help and advice are welcome!

@peweb, the @whitespark guide to GMB is very good: How To Optimize a Google My Business Listing. Your Guide to GMB!

Of course, there is much more to local SEO than GMB. Most of a local business's fortunes depend on its organic SEO strength (i.e. on-page optimization, "content," and links), as well as on its reviews. To a lesser extent the off-site citation work also matters, as does your ability to keep competitors' Google Maps spam from spiraling out of control.

Much reading you have to do, young Jedi. This forum and those posts mentioned are a good place to start. Also soak up what you can at whitespark, brightlocal, sterling sky, etc.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom