More threads by Ryanl

Ryanl

Reaction score
I was going to make a social post about having 700 reviews on google. Well, I went back to take a screen shot and I’m at 696. Yesterday I received 4-5 more reviews and none have added to the total. We’re very careful and have no fake reviews. Last time I saw this was when google shut down reviews due to Covid. Any idea what’s going on?

Hey Ryan,

So you actually saw the number at 700, got 4-5 more, and then it was 696 a few days later?

If yes, the new ones don't add to the total immediately (takes a few days like Norber mentioned) and the 4 you lost likely got filtered.

I have a client experiencing something similar. They are a law firm and a client of theirs left them a review and called to tell the firm about it, but when my client went to check it out so they could respond, the review could not be found. The woman who left the review sent my client a screenshot on her end which confirmed that the review had indeed been posted.

Is there a delay again with reviews similar to what we saw back in the early days of the pandemic? Or perhaps an issue with filtering?

Is there a delay again with reviews similar to what we saw back in the early days of the pandemic? Or perhaps an issue with filtering?

It looks like the reviews are visible after a few days, but if you sort them from the newest, you'll see them right away.

I met the same issue a few weeks ago with 4 reviews lost (customers sent me screenshots).
They have never been displayed on my GMB, even after a few weeks, while some reviews from some other customers displayed properly on the same listing and during the same period.
This happens in one of my listings only, no problem with the other listings.
I contacted Google twice about that, but they never replied.
Very frustrating to lose some 5 stars reviews, especially when some were written by famous VIP customers...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom