More threads by Linda Buquet

Such great minds here. So we have a harder sell, we can optimize you on the map make your presence more attractive, hope the knowledge graph shows up even after implementing JSON-LD rich , breadcrumbs snipits and more, but just pay for an AdWords CPC and then Google may pay attention? If not let's try semantic local search on Facebook it is easier, and small businesses feel more comfortable, maybe you want a long Bing Place and the use of multiple links? If so let's explore items besides Google, because they have gone to the big guys?

This might be a stupid question, but how will these changes impact the Google+ insights data? Will "impressions" and "views" be based on the knowledge graph then and not the page itself? Maybe the insights data always was based on knowledge graph impressions and views? I don't use the insights data that much so I'm just curious.

Travis

P.S. And how accurate is the insights data?

The insights were based on the buttons clicks, phone, map, website. Knowlege graph, G+ and other parts just helped this.

@travis
I'm a bit suss about trusting the insights data to the same extent as Analytics (and that has to be taken with a grain of salt too). I use it more for trends than "actual" numbers.

Have also tested and proven (to my team anyway) that the numbers vary for a page depending on where you are in the world. No idea why. They are consistently inconsistent, meaning we have to make sure data grabs come from the same geo vicinity every time. I try to make that location similar to where the biz is; if the biz owner ever wants to look at what I'm analysing, they see similar data.
That's another reason why I question the accuracy of the numbers.

This might be a stupid question, but how will these changes impact the Google+ insights data? Will "impressions" and "views" be based on the knowledge graph then and not the page itself? Maybe the insights data always was based on knowledge graph impressions and views? I don't use the insights data that much so I'm just curious.

Travis

P.S. And how accurate is the insights data?
There's no stupid questions here Travis! Very interesting point. It would appear that the official help doc will need some tweaking for sure https://support.google.com/business/answer/6001255?hl=en

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Super Important! Google just confirmed all the features that will be missing on the new Google+ pages. And it's a lot!

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/38436-finally-official-google-statement-all-google-local-changes-after-g-update.html">Finally: Official Google Statement on ALL the Google Local Changes after G+ Update</a>

Hi

I have just read this entire thread and still have no idea what I'm supposed to do as a small business, or even what the difference is between G+ , local, maps.

I thought everything had been merged into 'Google My Business' and could all be managed purely through the GMB dashboard. Is that not right?

Also, so where do we now link to from our website? Or is it not even worth doing that anymore? How does it all affect our chances of featuring in the local 3 pack? (if it's even still called that?)

For now key off the map. Google is supposedly taking concerns and bringing parts back that seem to drive traffic.

Hi JD, thanks for the info, but what is 'map', where is it located (url), is it related to my 'Google My Business' and is the info in 'map' edited in my 'Google My Business' dashboard, and while we're at it where does 'local' fit in?

I like to think I'm quite up with all this compared to most small businesses, but I can honestly say I have not got a clue anymore.

Hi Joy
Thanks I'll have a look. Is it like a video I can watch at any time, or do I have to be there when it's live?

Hi Joy

I don't think I'll be around at the time of your webinar unfortunately. Will there be a recording of it that I can watch or listen to later?

Yep! It's being recorded.

And here's the webinar replay video.

<a href="http://webpromo.expert/what-the-new-google-layout-means-for-businesses/">What the new Google+ layout means for businesses?</a>

Have not watched it but if it's by Joy, you know it's good! :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom