Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
YAY! Jade is reviving her forum update video series she was doing for awhile.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cBRoHWnvLgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Learn about the latest news and updates from the Google and Your Business forum (http://goo.gl/kMu6R). Hosted by Jade Wang, Google Places for Business community manager (aka curiouslyjade).

0:01 Introduction
0:10 new Places dashboard available for new users in more countries
0:56 carousel local search results on Google
1:47 updated Help Center layout, how to contact us
2:18 display of state issue for some US listings
2:31 Google+ pages showing 500 error when trying to manage

Thanks for the update Jade!

Susan Walsh

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

We are so glad Jade is posting these updates again! This is great.

Unfortunately, none of our existing clients (that we manage their listing) have the new dashboard including us. On 6/12 I started entering the email Google Places was created with on this page that you recommended https://support.google.com/places/answer/3038693?hl=en&p=coming_soon

We are still waiting for the email from Google. I also go in and check the dashboards periodically. We are at the point that we think our dashboards will ever be upgraded. We don't understand why they have not finished upgrading the US existing Google Places (Google+ Local) pages before starting to upgrade new users in other countries. It has been a read disappointment for those of us that promote Google Places (Google+ Local) and tout how great it is.

We are so frustrated and just want to know - are we ever going to have a new dashboard or not. Plain and simple.

Thank you and the others on this forum for keeping us updated.

Susan

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I hear you Susan. If it makes you feel better I'm not upgraded yet either.

My guess is that it's MUCH easier to have new virgin users setting up from scratch to start on the new dashboard. So that's why they are expanding to more countries because new users are easier.

I can't even imagine all the issues that can come up with trying to port over existing accounts.
You know how buggy some existing listings are.

That's why they are doing it in small batches. So then can convert, test, tweak if necessary and get the bugs worked out - instead of doing everyone in one big batch, only to find out there is a bad bug that's now going to affect thousands of listings.

So I personally would rather wait than get it early and potentially have issues.

All I can do for you right now is to quote Jade in the Places forum thread.

"I’m using Google Places but don’t see the new dashboard, yet. Should I panic?

Don’t panic. The new dashboard is still rolling out gradually, and we’ll continue to post updates here.
Please continue to use Google Places for Business as usual."

Susan Walsh

Reaction score
Thanks Linda! Sorry to be a pain - I'm just venting like so many others. The next time I post, I promise it will be a helpful resource or something of value.

I'm glad you and Jade have a good relationship and that you pass her information along to us. We are pleased to see these updates are back!

As we say in MA "have a good one"!

Susan

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Linda! Sorry to be a pain - I'm just venting like so many others. The next time I post, I promise it will be a helpful resource or something of value.

Hey Susan, venting and expressing frustration is welcome here. That's one of the main reasons I felt the industry needed a place like this. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
k.ivanova Google My Business & Google Maps forum threads being deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 11
JoshuaMackens Google My Business Forum Verification Bump Google My Business & Google Maps 5
James Watt Google My Business Forum: Can't enter Website into Profile Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum: Moving to New Google Advertiser Community & New Platform Google My Business & Google Maps 7
mborgelt Google And Your Business Forum - Totally Re-Designed Google My Business & Google Maps 7
L ◈ Dynamic Local Content, Local Video SEO & Google Business View - 3 New Forums Local Content 0
Linda Buquet ◈ Dynamic Local Content, Local Video SEO & Google Business View - 3 New Forums Local Content 0
Linda Buquet NEW! Google and your Business Forum Highlights Feed Added Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum VIDEO Wrapup - October 19 2012 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum VIDEO Wrapup - October 5, 2012 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google and Your Business Forum - Secret RSS Feed for You Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Google My Business Bug Dropping SAB Businesses In Independence, Kansas Service Area Businesses 1
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Rich Owings Google community challenge to update 100,000 businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R What steps should I take to get my suspended and denied Google My business approved? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
U Google showing location of Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
DangGood Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
M Can I Use Google Voice for Google My Business Phone Number? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Google My Business Provider Program API Access İssues Recycle Bin 0
W Accepted Health Insurance Feature on Google My Business Google News: Important Changes & Features 14
Colan Nielsen NEW Google My Business is Testing "Services" Justifications Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
ryannbull Is there a bank of definitions for Google My Business Categories? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
B Google My Business Product Photo Errors Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Brian Barwig New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 1
whitespark Everything You Need to Know About Google My Business Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
M Google My Business has been 5 months, no verification code has been received Help & Support for Google Local 3
Caroline S 1 Service Area Business, 10 Listings, Several Redressals Reported, No Action From Google - Help! Help & Support for Google Local 7
Brian Barwig Overview of New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Professor M Google My Business Messaging and Metrics are getting a boost Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
Claire Carlile New Google My Business Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Search Console vs Google My Business (GMB) Insights: A Large Case Study Google My Business & Google Maps 4
BenFisher Google My Business Adding Reinstatement Request Google My Business & Google Maps 0
abbiebeltran Amway or Avon - Best Practice Google My Business Service Area Businesses 3
Lanerizz Help For Pending Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 1