More threads by succeedingsmall

Reaction score
Hey there!

I have one SEO campaign that I’ve been working on for about a year. We’ve had great success, but metrics and rankings have been seriously crashing for the past three months or so.

It started with them getting a second location in the same city. We used Yext to distribute NAP info around for the two areas, and have been treating it like a franchise or multi-location business.

And things are just not picking back up. We are now losing our local keywords completely. I'm pretty confident that this citation change is the problem, but we’ve done everything I can think of besides getting rid of the second location.

Here's what I've done so far:
We are doing an internal audit now to see if there are any other anomalies (tech seo, toxic backlinks, etc.). But I feel very strongly that this is the issue with my rankings plummeting.

Any suggestions?

I would look into having a 3rd party do a thorough audit as their could be many things causing the issue.

Some things needed to troubleshoot:
  1. What keywords are dropping?
  2. When did the drop start?
  3. Which of those two listings is the original?
One of those locations seems to be a residential address right? If so, Google actually wouldn't allow that, in addition to the main warehouse location. They would prefer that you just have the one listing and set a service area.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom