More threads by Justin Mosebach

The "Get started with a healthcare provider Business Profile" page in the Google Business Profile (GBP; formerly "GMB") is for "Healthcare providers like doctors, therapists, and other medical practitioners can use Business Profile to claim and manage info for their practices."

Google's just added the following new section: "Understand insurance providers sources"...

Understand insurance providers sources
The sources for insurance providers include, but aren't limited to, the following:
  • California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS)
  • New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
  • Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Important: The insurance provider lists are subject to change.

This provides detail about where Google's getting its information for insurance providers that it automatically has added to many Google Maps listings in the health care industry.

Google added a "Manage insurance info for your practice" to the Guidelines in May 2020.
1649969940097.jpg

@Justin Mosebach - How can we remove stubborn insurance information?!

One profile continues to show just 2 insurance plans despite:

1. Removing all insurance policies in the GMP manager. This helped with the 11 other locations, but even after waiting months, nothing changed.
2. Selecting only the 2 insurance plans currently showing on the frontend. Leaving that for a week, then removing those plans.
2. Selecting 100s of insurance plans except for the 2 currently showing, none of which are showing.

Here's the profile:

It seems like there's some kind of bug here, but I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Any advice?!

@Justin Mosebach - How can we remove stubborn insurance information?!

One profile continues to show just 2 insurance plans despite:

1. Removing all insurance policies in the GMP manager. This helped with the 11 other locations, but even after waiting months, nothing changed.
2. Selecting only the 2 insurance plans currently showing on the frontend. Leaving that for a week, then removing those plans.
2. Selecting 100s of insurance plans except for the 2 currently showing, none of which are showing.

Here's the profile:

It seems like there's some kind of bug here, but I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Any advice?!

Hi @MKubot! I recommend posting about this on the GBP forum.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom