More threads by Josh Gill

Josh Gill

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 12.03.08 PM.png

Has anyone had success with this fairly new plugin for WordPress to manage and schedule GMB posts based on Wordpress posts?

Post to Google My Business

it is by Post to Google my Business WordPress plugin - tyCoon Media

With the new social aspect to "follow" a companies GMB posts, this might be nice for semi-automating some content for the posts.

I have looked in the past for something like this and didn't find anything, but it seems like a nice concept for managing clients GMB posts that aren't offers or events.

Thanks, I will check that one out. I tried the Post to Google My Business plugin and it works fine, and you can even go back and easily take a previously published WordPress post and have it post to GMB right from the editor which is nice for showcasing some posts that might be a bit older but still relevant.

I did find one glitch though. I use a WP theme with fusion builder and it posted the code into the GMB post instead of the body content. But it looks promising still.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 1.11.35 PM.png

I'd report that to the plugin author. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix that, I would think.

While installing the plugin mentioned by Josh, I also found this one:

WP Google My Business Auto Publish

That's the plugin that I use. It's free for scheduling posts (the one mentioned in the OP is not). It will also allow you to display your google posts on your website without needing to use a paid product for that purpose. (Full disclosure: I don't use that functionality because I prefer to use GatherUp for that purpose, because it allows you to include other third-party review sites and because it provides review management and other functions).

Great thread guys, thanks for sharing...of the two plugins which one would you now recommend?

I was searching today and that's how I came across this post in the first place!

Thank you

I have only tried the one that I mentioned above, and I am very satisfied with it.

Great thread guys, thanks for sharing...of the two plugins which one would you now recommend?

I was searching today and that's how I came across this post in the first place!

Thank you

Andy,
I am still working with both of them but am leaning towards Tim's recomendation. They both have some pros and cons. I hope to provide some more in-depth info on both of them in the future.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom