travelincat

Reaction score
Our client created a new youtube account and made a channel for their business. This also created a GMB page under the client's Google account.

We will be adding videos to the Youtube account and optimizing them for the client.

When you search for the client's business in Google Maps, I have the option of claiming the business. If I claim the business for them, is there any way to merge the page created when the Youtube channel was created?

I don't want to have duplicate listings, but we need to have the videos for their business.

Thanks,
Marc

Reaction score
Hi Marc,

The page linked to your YouTube channel: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103427018684446584285/about is a Brand page. It won't show up in local searches or Maps results and won't allow people to leave reviews.

The page that is showing up in your searches as unclaimed is a Local page - this one will show up on Maps (for directions) and allow people to leave reviews.

Claiming it is fine - these are two very different types of business pages and there won't be any conflict. However, I'd probably recommend transferring the YouTube channel to the Local page and then deleting the Brand page - as otherwise you've got two different pages to manage.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Subscribe to the LocalU YouTube Channel LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
ElaineSi How to Reclaim YouTube Channel Help & Support for Google Local 2
Nathan Schoell Does linking YouTube channel with GMB listing benefit SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Adding a youtube channel to a multi-location business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet New Google Tool: Move YouTube Channel to Different Google+ Page Marketing 2
Dustybones How to Connect your Youtube Channel to your Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dustybones G+ / Youtube Channel Support Links Google My Business & Google Maps 4
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
profjoeyg Google/YouTube Properties management Consultant's Corner 4
KymM GMB and Youtube Accounts Suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 1
HangTenSEO Google+ GMB Youtube Issue Managing Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
V Automatic promotion service in social networks: YouTube, facebook, Instagram etc Recycle Bin 0
S Tips Wanted To Improve My YouTube Subs Local Search 0
S YouTube & Local Search Local Search 2
JustinB Any Luck Changing Youtube Extensions? Local Search 3
Priya Chandra A new tool that allows people to find YouTube videos by location Marketing 2
djbaxter Getting Started with YouTube Marketing Marketing 0
djbaxter Homer Simpson Promotes YouTube Advertising Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
V Google Description Hijacked - youtube video. Marketing 6
F Hijacking our YouTube Titles & Company Name! Marketing 4
MichaelW Google+ & Youtube Google My Business & Google Maps 3
F Google+ Link in Pack goes to YouTube tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
dani Google Local and Youtube under different accounts Help & Support for Google Local 2
Dustybones 5 YouTube SEO Tactics Local Search 2
Jo Shaer Finally upgraded to Google+ Social Page - but what about this YouTube G+ page? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Scott Hearne Article submission versus youtube blog versus something else. Local Search 2
Phil Rozek New YouTube tab on Google+ Local page Marketing 25
R G+ Posts and YouTube Comments Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Bishop Tips for ranking a youtube video for local search? Organic SEO 3
Dustybones "Google + Page" Link in Serps Defaulting to YouTube Tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet 10 Tips for Killing it in Local SEO with YouTube Marketing 1
Nick.SEOSpark Improving Ranking using Youtube Local Search 0
CodyBaird 63% Confirm Local Search Delivers Better ROI Than Other Online Channels Local Search 3
Chris Ratchford LocalEze- Channel Partner Program- Yay or Nay Local Search 20
T Can a Credit Union Create Google Posts Without Falling Under Prohibited Content? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz Google Marketing Kit: Create Video Local Content 3
O Create an online store with Chinese goods Recycle Bin 0
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
J Recommendations needed for creating a baseline Local Search 4
D GMB Reinstate or Create New Account After Relocating Local SEO Job Board 2
eshad Account suspended, duplicate created. Suspended listing shows. Verified listing does not Google Duplicates & Merges 3
W 1 business wants to create 2 profiles Google Local 101 11
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
P Posts Created for Change in Business Hours Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter NEW Creating a new article thread How To Guides 0
djbaxter NEW How to create a new question and answer thread How To Guides 4
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
P Creating Content Silo to improve Category Page (Best Practice Query) Local Content 1