More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Solutions
Reaction score
It seems like someone at Google took the "no main hours" part a little too literally. Sometime last week it started deleting entered hours when you used the option. As in, the public view literally will show the "add missing hours" link! I've seen it happen repeatably on a few lawyers and real estate agents profiles now.

I don't think this is a bug. You're basically telling Google you are open but with no fixed hours, This would be the same as a 24/7 and Google handles that the same way: no set hours so they remove posted hours.

Lawyers typically will have regular business hours but will respond to queries outside those hours. In that case, you should specify the regular hours. Most people are aware that they can contact certain types of lawyers outside of regular hours (e.g., criminal defense lawyers).

I don't think this is a bug. You're basically telling Google you are open but with no fixed hours, This would be the same as a 24/7 and Google handles that the same way: no set hours so they remove posted hours.

Oh no, this is definitely new behaviour for Google.

I know this because it was somehow activated on a few clients back in March and it took us forever to realize that this was the reason Google wasn't displaying any hours even though they were set in the dashboard. So it did used to do exactly what it says on the tin can.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom