More threads by ckbraman

ckbraman

Reaction score
I have a competitor who stuffing their business name with a long list of keywords and is thereby crowding my legitimate listing out of the maps 3-pack and appearing as a knowledge panel for keywords unrelated to their business name (SPN Events); (see below).

I've tried editing their listing, but they just edit it back. I've also reported it to Google, but with no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to anything further that could be done?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.07.38 AM.jpg

Looks like it is currently named properly for the moment.
SPN Events · 244 5th Ave Suite C-45, New York, NY 10001

If they continue to update the name, take screenshots. You also should have emails from Google with the approved edit.

Use the redressal form and attach all those KP screenshots and screenshots of the approval emails to show that the listing owner is continuously breaking the rules.

Solution
Looks like it is currently named properly for the moment.
SPN Events · 244 5th Ave Suite C-45, New York, NY 10001

If they continue to update the name, take screenshots. You also should have emails from Google with the approved edit.

Use the redressal form and attach all those KP screenshots and screenshots of the approval emails to show that the listing owner is continuously breaking the rules.

Thank you, Yan.

I did use the redressal form a few weeks ago and maybe that's why they seem to have finallly removed the keywords from their name.

Mysteriously, though, they still show up as the knowledge panel when doing a search for "jazz trio nyc," even after "jazz trio" has been removed from their name field. I have no idea why that is. Google is very strange.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 9.44.12 PM.jpg

A few weeks ago I noticed that this business re-added all the spammy back into their name, and their knowledge panel is again showing for searches for these keywords (for example, as before, "jazz trio nyc").

I again filled out the Google redressal form, but it has had no effect.

I didn't mention this before, but this has been going on for years now with this competitor.

I find it quite frustrating that Google's top-ranking signal in local appears to be the crudest keyword stuffing and there's apparently no penalty or remedy for it.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.18.26 PM.jpg

I feel your pain. I have a competitor who has been doing the same thing over the last year. it is incredibly spammy, The real name of his business is only two words, yet the listing is 16 words. He has services that he does in town that he serves listed in his title.

I suggest an edit and it always gets published, but within a day or two he changes it back.
I have submitted this thru the redressal form many times. I even included screenshots showing that my edit was published in excess of 15 times but he keeps changing it back.

But Google does nothing about it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom