More threads by AdmiralLex

AdmiralLex

Reaction score
Hi, I have encountered a rather strange situation with one of my client's listing.

So, they have a business that once had a different name and website. The owner was different too.

They changed the owner (so my actual client is the new owner) and they have changed the name of the business too (and the website).

There is a listing on Google Maps but unfortunately, it has the new name of the business, instead of the old one. It even has the new website address. My client wants to get a hold of that listing in order to change the name of the listing and to mark it as closed.

I have followed the advice on forums:
-Tried to claim that listing but because it's a service area business, it prompted me to create another listing.
-Created this new listing, which of course is a duplicate, and I was planning on contacting Google to get them to merge my new listing with the one that exists on Google.
But my listing got suspended due to quality issues!

What is the best way to approach this? Is it a case of just trying to reinstate the new suspended listing?

I appreciate all feedback!

@AdmiralLex, there are a few ways to approach this, but what I'd do is (1) remove the new / suspended listing from your GMB account, and (2) try again to claim the old page - with the help of GMB support if necessary. As long as that old page is in the system, you'll have problems.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom