More threads by Annika Neudecker

Reaction score
Looking at the insights data that we pull monthly from GMB and our website analytics, it's clear that we've seen an overall YoY gain in traffic from local search, particularly from GMB. Our company's low season is from late fall to early spring but comparing 2020-2021 to 2019-2020, we've seen a noticeable gain in natural search this year. This feels fairly expected to me because the nature of how people find information and products seems to have shifted over the past year. Even the less tech savvy among us have been forced to learn how to search online for products and services.

I'm curious if others have seen this trend or whether it's been actually reported on any news sources. Particularly for essential businesses which remained open in the pandemic, how's your YoY looking? Links to more official sources very much appreciated!

Hi @Annika Neudecker I was just thinking about this today due to the fact that we are now at the one year mark since the pandemic started. I think the YOY analysis starting in March and for the remainder of this year will be the most insightful in terms of which verticals are recovering well and which are not.

Hi @Annika Neudecker I was just thinking about this today due to the fact that we are now at the one year mark since the pandemic started. I think the YOY analysis starting in March and for the remainder of this year will be the most insightful in terms of which verticals are recovering well and which are not.
I can definitely see the next few months being particularly insightful as we cross the one year mark and compare between the initial shutdowns and now. I find it really interesting that even over the winter, in the midst of the third wave, we were already seeing increases in traffic over the previous winter.

Yext reported in their earnings call that their listing clients are down 50% on average on G Maps views which will impact the GMB performance.

We're running similar analysis across our 300+ chains. So far, our clients aren't down as much as 50% and some are even up!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom