More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Solutions
Reaction score
It's known that being open at the time a query is made gives a slight ranking boost, although I suspect being closed at the times causes a ranking penalty is a better way to say it.

There are now two different ways to be open "all the time". You can either explicitly use the "open 24h" option in the profile dashboard, OR you can use the "Open without displaying hours" in the edit-in-search feature.

From a ranking perspective, has anyone tried running tests to see whether these have measurable differences in impact?

I hadn't noticed they added the option for open without hours, it's about time, isn't it?

Doesn't seem like it should affect rankings, but would definitely be interested to see any test results.

I hadn't noticed they added the option for open without hours, it's about time, isn't it?

Doesn't seem like it should affect rankings, but would definitely be interested to see any test results.

We mostly use it for certain SAB specialties where it's an emergency calls thing (e.g. plumbers, electricians or roofers...). Some realtors and lawyers are also fond of it, even though most of them have formal/reasonable office hours.

You can accurately hide the company's working hours. I give it that is filled is not displayed. This can be done through search engine management.
I haven't done the tests, but I think it's better to hide the hours than to allow them to be completed by other map users.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom