More threads by CaribouFondue

CaribouFondue

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this happened, was it a competitor trying to screw with us by making our citations not match our address? was it google just being funky? suddenly our address had a unit number added to it, we are a storage facility and own all the units on the property. Is there some way to get notifications when something like this happens? i don't know how long it was like this before I noticed. Is there some way we could block people from doing "suggest an edit"? it seems too powerful for random people to mess up our address to attack our listings.
File (15).jpg

Solution
For starters, units and suite numbers have zero impact on rankings. Google overlooks them. It could have been Google making the update or a user using suggest an edit. I would change it back, keep an eye on it and not sweat it.
For starters, units and suite numbers have zero impact on rankings. Google overlooks them. It could have been Google making the update or a user using suggest an edit. I would change it back, keep an eye on it and not sweat it.

Solution

Is there a way to get notified of this activity/change when it happens? my SEO consultant claims I should receive notifications in Google Business Profile but I do not receive anything. is it a setting somewhere?

Is there a way to get notified of this activity/change when it happens? my SEO consultant claims I should receive notifications in Google Business Profile but I do not receive anything. is it a setting somewhere?

Google doesn't always send out notifications. If you use a 3rd party tool with API access, they can notify you. I know that Yext does. I think that Local Falcon and Whitespark may offer this service.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom