More threads by Dana Franks

Reaction score
We work with a lot of restoration and repair companies, and I've been seeing multiple sites that have links like these that also seemingly pull in Google search links for companies in those cities. I thought at first that it was some sort of PBN thing, but it's pulling in links from clients who definitely have not bought links from anywhere now or in the past.

http://waterrestoration. loan/ alabama/ arlington-al.html
http://flooddamage. loan/ michigan/ peck-mi.html
http://watercleanup. loan/ new-york/ bayville-ny.html

They seem to be parked domains through a site called ParkingCrew. There are quite a few of them, and some will go up and then be taken down. Most of them are .info or .loan sites, and they mostly look exactly the same.

The problem is that I'm beginning to see hundreds, even thousands of links to one site from some of them, and this is obviously not great. We can disavow domains but I can't see any way to get links removed from these sites (they even have legal disclaimer language on the site removing them from any liability.) So is there anything beyond disavowing that we can do? And has anyone else been seeing stuff like this and taken care of it somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen these ones around, but to be fair I don't spend much time in those industries. Others on the forum might be able to chime in with some of their sightings.

Also, I broke those links on purpose. Please don't try to fix them. Since they are being reported as spammy links, we really don't want to give them any more good links to those domains.

They look like scraper sites to me so I wouldn't worry about disavowing them but I'll ask if Marie Haynes' team can chime in.

Eric - don't worry all the links people post are no-followed ;)

Sorry for the delay...was traveling last week.

Although I can't see the content on these pages, I likely wouldn't worry about links like this. When we're doing link audits, almost every site collects spammy cruft links like this. Although these are the types of links that a tool will flag for disavowing, John Mueller has said that if a tool can tell you which links to disavow, then Penguin is almost certainly ignoring those links.

While there are some links that *can* hurt a site algorithmically, in my experience, this only happens when a site has been actively trying to manipulate Google. If you have been link building in ways that you wouldn't want the webspam team to see, then sure...I'd disavow those links above along with quite a few others. But if it's just those, you really should be fine to ignore them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom