More threads by Keenan Glass

Keenan, was this by chance a listing that had the flat-lined stats problem?

Because a guy I was helping at Webmaster World who said his stats were flat-lined just came back and said now he's pending review.

Oh dear, I was logged off trying to get client work caught up after my crash, so had not peeked at the G forum for awhile. Thanks for alerting us!

Hang on to your seats, sure looks like something is cooking. Sheesh my feedreader reads like:
pending, pending, 500 error, pending, 500 error, 404, 500, pending, pending. What the heck it up???

LOTs of pending complaints and Keenan looks like you are on top of them all. Dang sorry, I'm backed up still so can't help much right now.

Yes, but I don't think that those two things are related. In our account impressions started to reappear a few days ago. Pending review status changes are just beginning to roll into GPF. I just got an email and yep. Then checked another and yep.

Today's 500 error debacle may pale in comparison to this.

Today's 500 error debacle may pale in comparison to this.

Yes this new pending issue seems to be coming on pretty hard and fast. And may just be the tip of the iceberg as folks start to notice.

I could be jumping the gun a bit, but we have the same issue and the two that posted in GPF are managing multiple clients, so it is not an isolated event.

Ah, well since you're posting in there too, I guess you know.

Ya one guy has 30 listings affected and the other one said he has 40 accounts affected.

I escalated it to Google and said between all the 500 errors and this new pending problem,
I think G has a bug in her spring bonnet!

google bug.jpg

google bug.jpg

Oh now that's just plain nasty! :eek: Hope that's not the type of bug we're fighting!

Hi,

Also logged in now and every one of our branches has been affected with the Pending status. We have upto 8 different branches and the most we have for one of them is over 600 which have all become Inactive.

What is going on?

Delwin

Every client that I have checked has a pending review status.

A Null edit has brought it back to active on all that I have checked so far.

I have run across the same thing with some of my listings. Have not checked them all yet, but as Colan said, a "poke" seemed to bring it back for now. We'll see if that lasts.

Wait, wait, wait... so you guys are saying that Google Plus Local has a bug? no way! That's shocking...

I POKED it yesterday around 9:00am CST and at 12:00am Nothing

After posting here I LOGGED in with another gmail account and did "REPORT A PROBLEM" to my listing and about 20 minutes ago Google called from a wierd #

On iPhone 4s this is the caller id # +91 40-66139000

I almost didnt pick up REP asked what my address was and if I was next to a currency exchange I said yes he hung up and My listing came out of pending

Thanks Guys

I POKED it yesterday around 9:00am CST and at 12:00am Nothing

After posting here I LOGGED in with another gmail account and did "REPORT A PROBLEM" to my listing and about 20 minutes ago Google called from a wierd #

On iPhone 4s this is the caller id # +91 40-66139000

I almost didnt pick up REP asked what my address was and if I was next to a currency exchange I said yes he hung up and My listing came out of pending

THANKS for reporting in.

2 points:

1) I would never keep poking. Poke once and leave it. I see SMBs saying I'm poking this this twice a day and it does not help. Repetitive pokes I think can do more harm than good. I'd poke once a month for maintenance and ONCE if a problem crops up.

2) Why did you use report a problem from a different account? Seems like reporting from the account the listing is in would carry more weight.

But sounds like it all worked out, so that's great! (You know me, always have to try to give helpful advice.)

That's the second report from Google Quality Review team I've seen for this phone number

+91 40-66139000

I apologize for asking a stupid question, but as one of those people with a pending being reviewed status on two of my places locations, I keep seeing this reference to "poking" your listing. What are we actually talking about with a "poke"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom