More threads by NevenaIvanova

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently created topic in the Google My Business Community to ask if business owners are allowed to share phone number in a review reply. Platinum Product Expert replied "No, you may not include phone numbers. If you want to advise a reviewer to contact you, then they can use the number displayed on your listing already."

I asked if this is somewhere listed in the Google review policy, but haven't received an answer.

Do you happen to have any knowledge and informative sources on the matter.

Thank you,
Nevena

Hello,

I have recently created topic in the Google My Business Community to ask if business owners are allowed to share phone number in a review reply. Platinum Product Expert replied "No, you may not include phone numbers. If you want to advise a reviewer to contact you, then they can use the number displayed on your listing already."

I asked if this is somewhere listed in the Google review policy, but haven't received an answer.

Do you happen to have any knowledge and informative sources on the matter.

Thank you,
Nevena

Hi Nevena! We've also never had any issues including a phone number in review responses.

@NevenaIvanova This is not a policy I've ever seen acted upon in many years of work on reviews. And truly it could have only one possible justification as policy: Google wants that click 🙄 Haha. Ha.

I'd put the relevant phone number in the response. Sometimes you want to share a different number from the main, like the business owner's direct line, to provide "customer-obsessed" service. If doing that is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom