More threads by caseytoni12

caseytoni12

Reaction score
My client has 2 locations with local phone numbers. When they set up the accounts they used the call center number. Now when I try to phone verify the call center number is the default phone number.No other options to verify and can't use the call center number. Any suggestions?

The only option it's giving you is a phone verification? There is no postcard or video option?

You can try changing the phone number first on Google by suggesting an edit. If the number you are suggesting to change it to is listed on the website, it should get approved if you have a few people submit it.

The other option is to contact Google support and request a manual verification.

Actually, we are currently testing whether "stealing" the GBP from a different account (which usually is done via postcard validation) will allow us to do this without having to explain over and over again to Google Support.

We haven't yet completed this attempt though, and we are even starting to wonder whether we will ever be able to because it looks like Google is possibly fading out postcard validations...

Actually, we are currently testing whether "stealing" the GBP from a different account (which usually is done via postcard validation) will allow us to do this without having to explain over and over again to Google Support.

We haven't yet completed this attempt though, and we are even starting to wonder whether we will ever be able to because it looks like Google is possibly fading out postcard validations...

I tried and it didn't work.

I am not sure about stealing a listing via postcard, but last week one of my businesses was hijacked following several attempts to edit the business phone number. I assume that they managed to take the ownership after succeeding with the phone update, but still I am not sure how this happened.

I am not sure about stealing a listing via postcard, but last week one of my businesses was hijacked following several attempts to edit the business phone number. I assume that they managed to take the ownership after succeeding with the phone update, but still I am not sure how this happened.

If you were seeing actual, but undesirable Google updates on your dashboard, these were accepted (i.e. presumed accurate by Google) user suggestions from third parties. In the cases we are discussing, this is the opposite happening: legit (and even necessary) changes being made in the dashboard are instantaneously rejected.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom