More threads by mzappas

My client's practitioner listing is outranking her business listing. It is the only one appearing in the local pack and it is the one that gets all the reviews.
Would it be wise to switch the names of the listings? Make the (present) practitioner listing into her business and her present business one into her practitioner?
I would obviously deoptimize the practitioner listing and focus on the new business listing.

Any advice/suggestions?

If you have multiple service categories for the industry you can optimize for, I would recommend keeping both listings if you can.

Is the practitioner listing optimized for the same keywords and using the same address as the business listing? If so, sounds like your client's business listing is being filtered out by the practitioner listing.

Some tips to correct this are optimizing the listings for different services and giving them different main categories. For instance, if your client is a dentist, set the business listing main category to "dentist" and the practitioner listing to a subcategory they want to rank for like "pediatric dentist" or "cosmetic dentist".

Then, make sure both listings are linking to different pages on the site. If the business listing links to the homepage, have the practitioner listing like to a service page or the practitioner page on the site.

I highly recommend checking out this resource to learn more => The Ultimate Guide to Practitioner Listings on Google My Business [2021] - Sterling Sky Inc

Another suggestion per review, Google is ok with users posting a review on both the practitioner listing and the main business listing. See if you can get some users who've reviewed the practitioner to post a review on the main listing.

Elizabeth thank you very much for your response.
This firm is a boutique firm and she is the main hotshot. The is only one more associate in the firm that is a young guy straight out of law school. I feel that by having 2 GMB listings she is "shooting herself in the foot"
Her business name is her last name so that might cause confusion to a user. Do you think I might be able to merge them?

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to merge them, Google won't merge practitioner listings into the main listing. Your best bet is to optimize for different keywords/categories.

Sounds like this is a law firm, so you can optimize for different areas of the law/different law categories. For example, optimize one listing for general "law firm" and "lawyer" categories and one for a more specific category like "criminal justice lawyer" or "personal injury lawyer" (whatever is applicable).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom