More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
We have a new medical client that has a practice listing and a practitioner listing...when we login to GBP it is warning us that the listings are duplicates. I'd like to keep the practitioner listing live and not merge it — is there any recommended action to take to ensure the listings can remain live and separate? I considered removing the address on the practitioner listing and making it effectively an SAB (he does have another clinic in another nearby town). Would that be enough to differentiate the listing and not have it be duplicate? Or do I have to go through Google support on this?

The main things that need to be different on each profile is the name, the category, the phone number, and the page on the website that you link to.

We have a new medical client that has a practice listing and a practitioner listing...when we login to GBP it is warning us that the listings are duplicates. I'd like to keep the practitioner listing live and not merge it — is there any recommended action to take to ensure the listings can remain live and separate? I considered removing the address on the practitioner listing and making it effectively an SAB (he does have another clinic in another nearby town). Would that be enough to differentiate the listing and not have it be duplicate? Or do I have to go through Google support on this?

I don't have an answer, but I look forward to hearing how you end up resolving this. Good luck.

So odd thing...the listing kept showing as duplicate but also telling us to request access. Eventually the owner I guess granted our access. Then we had two practice listings and two practitioner listings in the dashboard. One was fully accessible and the other was labeled duplicate with a notice to delete/remove the duplicate:

1643833646362.jpg

We were able to remove the duplicate — and leave the 'fully verified' listing up in the dashboard. So ultimately there wasn't anything we did other than request management access to the duplicates.

I'm still confused as to what happened and hoping it was some sort of bug on GBP's part.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom