More threads by brettmandoes

brettmandoes

Reaction score
Hey folks, got a weird case on my hands. On some of my HVAC Clients the "Products" tab is available and on others it is not. They all have the same categories, but some have different primary categories. I haven't gone through and tested changing up those categories yet, but wondering if anyone knows if that might be the trigger. I don't want to mess with the fields in there as an experiment since this client has had an uphill battle this year. The one where I've noticed it's missing has the primary category set to "Air Conditioning Repair Service" and I noticed the one with "HVAC Contractor" did have the product menu.

Thoughts?

Hey folks, got a weird case on my hands. On some of my HVAC Clients the "Products" tab is available and on others it is not. They all have the same categories, but some have different primary categories. I haven't gone through and tested changing up those categories yet, but wondering if anyone knows if that might be the trigger. I don't want to mess with the fields in there as an experiment since this client has had an uphill battle this year. The one where I've noticed it's missing has the primary category set to "Air Conditioning Repair Service" and I noticed the one with "HVAC Contractor" did have the product menu.

Thoughts?
@JoyHawkins said this "Almost all business categories can have the Products feature, there are just some older Google accounts that don't have it enabled yet. There is nothing you can do to "fix" that as Google is slowly rolling them out to all accounts."

How old is the account and what primary category is it under? You may want to refresh the listing daily to see if it might pop up for you.

We have tons of listings that don't have access yet, in a large variety of categories. We are seeing it being rolled out to listings that didn't previously have it over the last couple of weeks.

@JoyHawkins Google's support page states that there are verticals where products aren't available. Do you have an idea of which verticals Google is talking about?

"The Product Editor is for small- and medium-sized individual businesses. All categories of businesses, except for a few verticals, can use the Product Editor..."

I believe hotels are one and a few restricted categories like gun shops. I think @Allie Margeson mentioned some in her recent presentation.

Thanks everyone, this has been super helpful. I didn't realize they were slow walking the rollout. Seems like its been available for awhile now, but that might be my distorted sense of time talking.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom