More threads by beisbol16

beisbol16

Solutions
Reaction score
I have heard conflicting advice on this topic. Some very reputable SEO’s have posted that it’s okay to ask friends, family etc to post questions on my GBP. I pushed back on this a bit below their articles by stating that the owner shouldn’t ask for review OR Q&A prompts. I was told google views solicited questions much different than “fake”/solicited gbp reviews.

As a newbie seo/biz owner (power washing company) I want to make sure I do this correctly. I would love to have a few questions up there, but customers don’t usually ask them. Can I safely ask some of my buddies to post a question? Obviously the last thing I want is any issues.

Thanks!

Solution
Just ask your own questions and answer them. I recommend asking a question and waiting a minute prior to answering it. If you allow a minute in between asking each new question and answering them, they won't get filtered out. Ask, wait a minute, answer it, wait another minute, ask, and wait.
Hi @beisbol16, literally anybody can ask questions on your GBP: friends, customers, family, and even the owner of the GBP. This is totally acceptable. I'd also suggest reading this article from BrightLocal: How to Use Google My Business Q&A

Being new to SEO, you would probably get a lot of benefit from BrightLocal's free Academy courses too.

Just ask your own questions and answer them. I recommend asking a question and waiting a minute prior to answering it. If you allow a minute in between asking each new question and answering them, they won't get filtered out. Ask, wait a minute, answer it, wait another minute, ask, and wait.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom