More threads by victorlontra

victorlontra

Reaction score
Good afternoon, everyone! How are you doing?

I'm new to the community, and it's a pleasure to be here with you all!

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask a few questions. If anyone can help, I appreciate it in advance!

• Regarding the naming of files, do you tend to include keywords in the name? Have you had any issues with this not complying with Google's policies? If you do, do you do it in a specific way?
  • Concerning SEO, in our agency, we have been adopting the practice of including emojis and some characters like "/" and "|," as we understand that it is a factor that influences conversion. However, there are directories that do not accept emojis and special characters... Does anyone know if having some directories without characters and others with characters (but maintaining the same wording) could create inconsistencies for NAP and harm SEO?

Hi @victorlontra, welcome!

Regarding the naming of files. Do you mean when you upload images or videos to the directories? If so, there isn't anything that prevents you doing this. Our agency actually does the same thing as it shouldn't hurt anything but may be a boost for Google Images searches, which may then give an indirect boost to your organic website/webpage ranking. We try to not to keyword stuff the file name, but rather keep it as concise as possible, similar to an alt-image description and include the brand/business name. If this isn't what you are referring to, please let me know.

Now in regards to your comment of including emojis and non-standard characters, it sounds like you are referring to the business name? If so, we don't use this practice for any of our clients. It would just appear to be too spammy and unprofessional. However, there could be some industries where it "might" be help with CTR, but none of the reputable directories, aggregators, citations typically allow this type of business naming. Personally, I would probably stay away from this type of tactic. Just my two cents worth.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom