More threads by Jens

Jens

Reaction score
Dear community,

I'm looking for a software to automatically monitor local search results for selected search terms on Google.de (Germany). It is not enough just to define the city as a location, but possibly also a city district or better a geo-coordinate.

During my research I came across Rank Tracker from Link Assistant. Does anyone use this software, is it recommended? I've already looked at BrightLocal, but unfortunately many features are not offered for Germany.

I'm happy about feedback and tips.

Best regards from Germany
Jens

Hey Jens, I haven't used that specific rank tracker. In addition to Bright Local you should check out Whitespark and Places Scout. Both have fantastic rank tracking tools.

Hey Colan,

thank you for your recommendation. I am currently testing whitespark. Unfortunately I could not research prices at Places Scout.

Hi Jens,

We are also looking for a Local rank tracker that is accurate/available in Europe and we are going through over 10 tools at the moment. We have not tried Rank tracker, is it providing accurate data in Europe/Spain? What industry are you working in?

We had the same issue with Bright Local. We are trying WhiteSpark, for building citations at the moment (Darren and his team are great!)

Other tools worth checking are STAT and Local Falcon/DBA.

Hey Lluc,

great to hearing from you.

At the moment BrightLocal looks like the best tool for my needs, but unfortunately does not support Google.de for Germany. At the moment I am testing the Whitespark Rank Tracker. At first glance, it looks great. I also use LocalFalcon for on-demand analytics. The Competitor Report is also great for showing news to my clients. So these are the two tools I'm using right now.

What is your favorite tool at the moment to check local rank data?

Hi Jens,

We are still testing, but from what I've seen so far, STAT was very impressive. Access to the API is huge plus as we work with large hotel companies with Big Data departments and it would enable us to blend local tracking data with other sources.

I forgot to mention Citation Builder Pro, it is simple to use but not sure about the accuracy for Spain, Northern Africa and the Caribbean (Where our clients have hotels)

I'm hoping I can test Places Scout next week, I can let you know the prices they quote.

I'll get back to you when we make our final decision.

Hey friends! Thanks for all the kind words about our Local Rank Tracker. It should work very well in all European countries. It should work in any country in the world, actually. I've tested in Russia with Cyrillic keywords and it seemed to work well.

So, if a country isn't available in our dropdown, just let me know and we can probably add it.

I'm very interested to hear any feedback you all have. We just rebuilt the tool from the ground up, and it's in a great place for development now. We'll be releasing new features and benefits on a more frequent schedule now. I have a large feature list already in the pipeline, but would love to hear any additional suggestions. Thanks!

Darren, thank you very much for your comment.

We just rebuilt the tool from the ground up, and it's in a great place for development now.

I think that's purposeful because I think we Germans are a bit more visually influenced and it was a bit cumbersome for me to grasp the structure and logic of whitespark. I am looking forward to the optimized version.

We'll be releasing new features and benefits on a more frequent schedule now.

I'm just testing a bit with whitespark and getting used to the tool. I am motivated to work with whitespark in the future and of course I am looking forward to more features.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom