More threads by Luke Hancock

Luke Hancock

Reaction score
I want to inquire about two SAB listings we manage.

The first (Des Moines), seems to have a clear divide from the west side of this grid to the east side. The blue circle identifies the Google listing's address.

What can I do to help this rank better in Des Moines and east Des Moines?

1721762853299.jpg

For this example, the best rankings are in the north part of the grid, but the listing was established in the south (identified by the blue circle).

1721762964250.jpg

Anyone have feedback on this?
Thank you!

For the first one, I am guessing the address used to verify the GBP was not in Des Moines. I would also imagine that rankings start to taper off around the Des Moines physical border. Since the ranking is based on the physical location you used to verify the GBP, this would cause the grid pattern you are seeing.

Check this article out to see what I am referring to - Physical Address vs. Mailing Address - What Does Google Base Ranking On? - Sterling Sky Inc

For the first one, I am guessing the address used to verify the GBP was not in Des Moines. I would also imagine that rankings start to taper off around the Des Moines physical border. Since the ranking is based on the physical location you used to verify the GBP, this would cause the grid pattern you are seeing.

Check this article out to see what I am referring to - Physical Address vs. Mailing Address - What Does Google Base Ranking On? - Sterling Sky Inc

Without relocating the listing, how do we overcome this?

Hey Luke! You can open up a second location. Outside of that, you can bake more Des Moines signals into the website, including optimizing anchor text on internal links to include Des Moines.

I'd also accept that there is going to be limitations here. So trying to first answer the question of "What's Possible" is a good exercise to go through.

Hey Luke! You can open up a second location. Outside of that, you can bake more Des Moines signals into the website, including optimizing anchor text on internal links to include Des Moines.

I'd also accept that there is going to be limitations here. So trying to first answer the question of "What's Possible" is a good exercise to go through.
Thanks, Colan. Great advice.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom