EmilyW

Reaction score
I've worked to create a new GMB listing, and it continues to be suspended. We have 35 locations in this franchise group, so I'm quite familiar with a good listing for this brand. What am I missing? When I created the listing, it became suspended when I requested the postcard. When Google has lifted the suspension (see below), it becomes suspended when I request the postcard.

First suspension, I contacted support and they reinstated it.

Second suspension, I contacted support, and included an image of the exterior, business license, and business permit, and they reinstated it.

Third suspension, I contacted support, included an image of the exterior, business license, and business permit, and they said: The address used in your listing doesn’t match the address of your business. You must list your business at its correct location.

This does not seem accurate. The address on the GMB listing, website, business license, business permit, and exterior image all match. What am I missing?

EmilyW

Reaction score
Try running your address through Smarty Streets to make sure they match with what the post office uses. Single Address Validation - SmartyStreets
Thanks for this input. It looks like we have an accurate address. Do you have other ideas so far?

Address valid.png

EmilyW

Reaction score
Next I would check to see if there is not a duplicate listing using this tool. PlePer Tools - Find duplicate listings in Google My Business
There are 9 that show as duplicates. Same address, but they lack suite numbers. My location has a suite number. Its a shopping center/strip mall type of storefront. There are a number of neighboring locations that came up with a separate suite number. What I continue to send to GMB for reinstatement shows their suite number, as well as the exterior image. What can you recommend now?

Reaction score
It is more about the proximity of map pins in the same business category rather than suite numbers. I'm happy to give you a hand if you would like to schedule a Zoom meeting.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Repeatedly being marked as open by Google Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Toby 39 Celsius Any feedback? GMB Profile reported repeatedly...now cannot get anyone to review and reinstate Help & Support for Google Local 4
S Added the Year and Month the Business Started - Listing was Immediately Suspended Help & Support for Google Local 7
NickB-Tampa Listings at single location getting suspended immediately after entering verification codes Google My Business & Google Maps 5
sixthcitysarah Loads of edits immediately denied lately? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
EmilyW Problems with immediate suspension: confused as the UPS in the same shopping center? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Lanerizz Google Immediately Not Applying Edits Spam on Google 7
djbaxter Google: Update Chrome Immediately! Websites, Software, and Security 2
Marie Haynes Are schema manual actions almost always immediately reversible? Local Search 7
djbaxter Update WP Super Cache and W3TC Immediately ? Remote Code Execution Vulnerability Websites, Software, and Security 0
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jason_Parks1 GMB Robocall Audit? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R GMB star rating popup on mobile Local Reviews 4
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 2
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Nikki Stine GMB for Gun Shop pulls in 'FFL Transfer Fee' pricing from a Facebook Post. Is this normal? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
D GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jeffrey Marking GMB as moved Moving or Name Changes 6
B Compare/Contrast different GMB location's data? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
D Backlinking for GMB Local Search 1
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
Scott ClientClicks How to get GMB to show social media icons in knowledge panel? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Fran GMB Suspension Contact Us Messages 3
Fran GMB Suspension Google My Business & Google Maps 2
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
annatindal GMB Customer Uploaded Photos Question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
nathangdavidson Anyone noticed Website fields not being updated in GMB, even though approved? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 7
Wary Goose GMB Messaging now enabled by default for new locations? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
david.victor GMB Q&A vs your website's FAQ - Best Practices? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
MatGee Adding Make Appointment Button to GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Caroline GMB headline photo won't change NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
accessted Filtered GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3