Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

You'll find most here use Bright or Scout.

I just did a big review of Scout here: Swiss Army Knife for Local Search

In terms of accuracy, I have not used Bright for a long time so don't know, but with Scout it links you direct to the query. So if it says they rank #3 then you can click and see that they do indeed rank #3.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Mike - I have used Bright Local for years and I do see discrepancies (small ones) but that is because Bright Local is more accurate than what I see because it searches from the city the client is in, whereas I'm searching from a city far away. If I searched in incognito mode from their city I'm fairly certain I would see the same thing that shows up on the tracker.

Reaction score
We use Bright Local, Moz Keyword Rankings, Site Explore (links) & Google Analytics (visits, leads, bounce rate, time spent on site, location & unique visits).

Laustin1878

Reaction score
I figured my question was more related to this topic then starting a new one. Mods, feel free to move if you feel it doesn't apply here.

I too have been customizing reports and manually entering data into a spreadsheet. The issue I have is that it's time consuming. Are you using any tools, free (preferably) or paid, to extract data from the various sources you utilize to report with to help simplify the process? I've tried a tool that was supposed to extract the data from Google Analytics but kept getting an authentication error.

It would be magical to have the meat and potatoes of the reports extracted automatically or at the click of a button. It would be more magical to have the reports automatically created :) I may be getting beyond reality but I'm sure there are tools available to extract the data so all you need to do is make it look pretty.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Luke,

I did a post about various marketing dashboards that let you pull data from various sources and aggregate it for reports. Many of them were free.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-search/34611-anyone-have-any-good-dashboards-local-reports.html">Anyone Have Any Good Dashboards or Local Reports?</a>

HoosierBuff

Reaction score
I have been using georanker.com and I like it. The interface is wonky as all get out, but, it allows you to do multiple geographies at once which is nice.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
StephanieNewton Local RankFlux reporting major spike in flux to local rankings🚨 Local Search 27
PaulSteinbrueck Search Ranking Reports? Local Search 12
Tim Colling BrightLocal Local Ranking reports useless for past two days Recycle Bin 2
nerboda SEMRush-like Ranking Report Tool for Local Results Local SEO Tools & Software 5
Linda Buquet Ranking Shakeups, Mike Reports Increase in Packs & Real Estate Listings are Back Google My Business & Google Maps 0
JoshuaMackens FREE Weekly Google Ranking Reports (Local Businesses Only) Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Why US Ranking Reports are WRONG Post-Pigeon - BrightLocal Explains Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Dustybones Moz Analysis of Searchmetrics 2014 Ranking Report Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Can we Really Ditch Ranking Reports due to Pigeon? Local Search 13
deanPlumberseo Ranking Reports Local Search 8
Z Ranking Reports - How to report with SERP's changing so much?! Local Search 8
sergiuliano Super Hot - Harlem Shake - Local Ranking Reports !!! :) Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet BrightLocal Spices up Local Ranking Reports with Charts Local SEO Tools & Software 1
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 11
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
JoshuaMackens Google Posts & Ranking Local Search 10
djbaxter Passage based rankings, core web vitals, responsive search ads: A rant Google Algorithm Discussions 0
dateinadash Will changing https:// to https://www cause an issue with rankings? Organic SEO 3
Stef Kiley Temp closed business ranking higher in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 2
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
J Suspended Listings That Were Reinstated Lost Rankings? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
RattlingTram Wild rank variations for plural v singular & same intent single keyword searches Ranking Puzzles 2
Y Whenever I publish update for my local business, my local rankings drop for 3-4 days Local Search 1
djbaxter Page experience: Now a new Google ranking factor Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Passage Indexing: Not A Core Update. It's Ranking, Not Indexing. Don't Optimize For It Google Algorithm Discussions 0
P Replying to All GMB Reviews: Rank Impact? Local Reviews 8
Ben Walsh Best keywords to use for geogrid ranking maps Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
djbaxter 4 Google My Business Fields That Impact Ranking (and 3 That Don't) Google My Business & Google Maps 16
MarianoF Daily Ranking Fluctuation and Wrong listing showing up Google Duplicates & Merges 4
B Competitor ranking higher than me Help & Support for Google Local 2
RattlingTram Map Pack Rankings for SAB with equal intent keywords Service Area Businesses 2
A Big Issue with Google Map Rankings For Everyone Local Search 9
Zhanna Which tracker shows correct data? Massive drop down in rankings in one of the trackers Help & Support for Google Local 3
coachmarino Ranking in Next Door State? Local Search 2
Creativedge Question on duplicate content and search ranking for dentists Local Search 11
A Will posting too often negatively impact GMB ranking? Local Search 3
A Legal Services Rankings Tanked After Potential Update - Solutions? What Did You Do? Organic SEO 2
djbaxter Google: CWV is not a ranking signal, at least not yet Organic SEO 1
B Ranking High Organically but Low in The Local Pack Local Search 4
Ben Walsh Is the reason this page is ranking above a better page because of DR? (ahrefs) Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
STM Using Web 2.0 properties to boost local rankings in 2020? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
JoyHawkins Ranking Updates - August 13, 2020 Google Algorithm Discussions 2
djbaxter Google: Moz Spam Score, Domain Authority Does Not Impact Google Rankings Organic SEO 1
djbaxter SEO myth-busting: What is NOT a Google search ranking factor Organic SEO 3
B Link building anchor text for local rankings 2020 Organic SEO 1
Dana Franks Rankings crash after new site - is it the domain? Organic SEO 3
RattlingTram Issues with ranking clent's business CONSISTENTLY Help & Support for Google Local 2