More threads by Erika1986

Erika1986

Reaction score
Hello,

I am managing Facebook location pages for our client, who has over 300 locations set up under a specific brand page. Since then they have rebranded some of these locations, but I am unable to change the location name as FB states that it has to be the same as the main brand name.

What would be the best solution in this case? Is there a way to rename just a portion of locations at all?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, Facebook requires the grouped pages to have the same name. I don't manage any multi-location pages at this time, but have heard that Facebook support can help get around these issues.

Do you work with an FMP or manage things all directly? Does your client have a FB rep?

We often execute these name changes through Partner Support at Facebook.

Hey Erika1986!

Facebook support should be able to facilitate this for you. Typically you'll need to show the different names published on your site, GMB, etc.

While this process is taking place, you can leverage the descriptor field for unique names.

In most of the cases I appended by approved brand to the beginning, but i was able to get around this for some locations using bulk upload.

Hey Erika1986!

Facebook support should be able to facilitate this for you. Typically you'll need to show the different names published on your site, GMB, etc.

While this process is taking place, you can leverage the descriptor field for unique names.
Hi @krystaltaing

Thank you for your response. Do you know what is the best way to reach out to their support? I can't find a way to contact them anywhere.

I second this. Perhaps it's by user but I do not have "contact" link anywhere on the support page.

Sadly, for me at least, that page never shows chat available, instead it says, basically, we're busy and don't have time for you (see screenshot below)
1597955410914.png

Oh I had no idea. I typically always see the chat option even sometimes wait is 10-15 mins.

Other than checking back or sending an email I am not sure!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom