More threads by LouA

LouA

Reaction score
Can you please help? When I search by brand name for a new GMB listing I verified about a month old, the listing isn't showing on the RHS of the screen (desktop) but it is visible in the local pack. You need to click on it to get the more detailed list on the RHS of the page. Also the logo is not showing next to the listing name.

On the backend I have added a similar number of photos, cover, brand logo and company info. But there are no reviews and the website it links to only has one or two links.

Whereas another GMB listing I manage, which is probably a year old and links to a website which is much more established and has many more links does appear on the RHS of the page and does have the logo and more images. It has one review.

I am providing white label support for an agency and they are asking why the new one is nowhere as good as the older listing (they have obviously used this example o promote to the new client).

Is it just a matter of time? do they need local links? do they need a review? do more people searching for the listing?
Any help would be appreciated.

The issue, as far as I can tell, is that Google isn't 100% certain that "Sunningdale Villas" is a brand search, which is why they return a 3-pack. And if you look at the actual businesses that appear in the 3-pack and in the local finder, you can see that Google is even less confident because they return a wide range of businesses, and a GMB for the village itself.

Is this the correct GMB?

Sunningdale Villas - Consero

The issue, as far as I can tell, is that Google isn't 100% certain that "Sunningdale Villas" is a brand search, which is why they return a 3-pack. And if you look at the actual businesses that appear in the 3-pack and in the local finder, you can see that Google is even less confident because they return a wide range of businesses, and a GMB for the village itself.

Is this the correct GMB?

Yes that is the correct listing. It's a new development with little awareness currently. The other listing that is being compared with (this is what we can do for you Mr Client) does show up for the brand search alone but that development has been around for much longer, people in the area search for it by name and the website is more authoritative.

@Lou Amor I would focus on earning Google reviews. You might also find some ideas in this video with Mike B - The MozCon Local 2017 Video Bundle Is Here! (his video is down the page a bit). Mike did a study where Yep reviews influenced a knowledge panel.

Also, focus on adding as many quality photos and videos to the GMB and make sure you are utilizing all the GMB features that get reflected in the knowledge panel (Google Posts, GMB Products, Services..etc)

@Lou Amor I would focus on earning Google reviews. You might also find some ideas in this video with Mike B - The MozCon Local 2017 Video Bundle Is Here! (his video is down the page a bit). Mike did a study where Yep reviews influenced a knowledge panel.

Also, focus on adding as many quality photos and videos to the GMB and make sure you are utilizing all the GMB features that get reflected in the knowledge panel (Google Posts, GMB Products, Services..etc)
Awesome thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom