More threads by Janell H

Reaction score
Hi. I took on a new client for an SEO project. I am wondering how I can get some baseline data as to where they rank for about 10 keywords/keyword phrases. I want to show before and after rankings later down the road! Thanks so much.

Rank locally or generally?

Generally, use Search Console before you start work. You may also be able to do a lookback and filter by date range (I'm not an expert on general search so unsure there)

Locally, not possible unless client was working with a local search vendor before who had rank tracking. Would suggest you activate a rank tracking tool (several vendors have these reports) before you start work to help you show ROI down the road.

@Janell H - Yes to all of the above! Use Google Search Console. Also, Local Falcon provides a great visual representation. (Similar view available from PlacesScout and I believe is coming to BrightLocal soon.)

Also, look at WhiteSpark. Their newly refreshed Rank Tracker seems to cover it all, across Maps and organic. (Haven't used it personally but it looks great.)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom