More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
It is with much sadness that I write this post to let you know that our forum administrator, David Baxter, has passed away. He died peacefully and was in good spirits in his final days. David has impacted us all in one way or another, by keeping this forum up and running for us. David was one of the kindest people I have ever met.

Oh my gosh, I’m am so very sad to hear this news! I consider David one of my closest friends even though we drifted apart a little after I retired and left the forum. But he is one of the kindest and most knowledgeable people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing!

For those of you that may not know the history, David helped me launch this forum 9 years ago and has been integral to its success over the years. As Forum Admin, he often worked in the background doing all the technical stuff and ensuring the forum ran smoothly. But he was always willing to help members on the public side too and had a wealth of webmaster and SEO knowledge.

When I retired 4 years ago and left the forum in the capable hands of Joy and Colan (and Scott and all the other great mods) David continued on as Forum Admin and I see his last public post was just back in October.

He served selflessly for years and I know he will be missed by all who knew him here.

God rest my friend! I hope you are happy and at peace in your new home! Prayers and good wishes to your family.

Over the past years I have talked with David many times on the phone. He was always so kind and understanding.

RIP my friend.

David was an amazing person, so kind and giving, he will be sorely missed.

Sorry to hear about him. I knew him thru this forum and he was always active to reply to my questions and was very polite.

Oh no. Is this djbaxter? I'm sorry. I just received membership approval and an email forum post from djbaxter...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom