More threads by dnp

dnp

Reaction score
Hello everyone, one of our clients has a verified GBP profile for one of their offices, but they have lost access to the email associated with it. They want to completely remove the listing from Maps since the address shown is incorrect and it's only a satellite location where they meet patients one day each week (no actual office, no signage or receptionist). All of their patients are referrals from other physicians, so they're not looking to establish a business presence in that area at the moment, but they might in the future.

I have never removed a profile before, but have done some digging on this. I was thinking of these approaches:
1) Remove the profile through "Suggest an edit" on Google Maps, OR
2) Request ownership and reverify the profile and remove it from the dashboard
Which route would you recommend between these two or if any of you have a better approach?

Thank you so much :)

Thank you so much, @keyserholiday! Would there be a possible issue in case they want to re-create the profile in the future if we reported the listing as Doesn't exist?

There won’t be any issues at all. You will be able to create a new one at the correct address. The goal is to get the one at an incorrect address removed for a better user experience.

Reactions: dnp
Hi @keyserholiday, so I reported the said GBP profile last week and this morning I received this update "Your edit couldn't be verified, so it won't be published." Do you know if there's any other step I could do to remove it?

Hey @keyserholiday, so it looks like after filling out the redressal form and waiting for about a month, Google hasn't taken down the GBP profile yet. But within these past 30 days, the client has launched a new site and there's a Contact page where they display the new address of the satellite office (different from what appears on their GBP profile). Would this make the removal request process more complicated?

Hey @keyserholiday, so it looks like after filling out the redressal form and waiting for about a month, Google hasn't taken down the GBP profile yet. But within these past 30 days, the client has launched a new site and there's a Contact page where they display the new address of the satellite office (different from what appears on their GBP profile). Would this make the removal request process more complicated?

They need to stop opening up satellite locations to meet clients. This is a violation of Google's TOS. They risk an account-level suspension and losing even the legitimate business profile(s). Go to the Help Forum and create a thread link to the business profile and the redressal case id and date submitted.

Reactions: dnp
Hey guys, as far as I know, GBP you want to remove still will be shown on the maps, I don't think Google will remove it at all. Maybe that profile could be removed cuz of a legal issue, but not cuz of a simple removal request.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom