More threads by LisaB

LisaB

Reaction score
My client's accurate GMB listing has been verified for years.

But there are two duplicate GMB listing with old addresses. I have signed into my client's Gmail account and reported these duplicates at least 3 times over 6 months. But Google has not removed either duplicate listing, nor have I received an email confirmation from Google. Do I try again and mark these as 'permanently closed' instead of duplicates?

It's too bad GMB phone support is no longer available!

Does your client have access to those listings or are they unclaimed? If they are claimed, they need to be marked as unclaimed and then contact Google to merge them. Hurry up and do before Google decides that they are legit and your clients listing is the duplicate.

Neither of the duplicate locations have been claimed nor does my client have access to these listings.

If the listings have any reviews, you will need to contact GMB support and have them merge the listings. Use this new form. If the listings don't have any reviews, you can use the "suggest an edit" feature and mark as doesn't exist and then follow up by reporting them via the redressal form. I am seeing that pending edits are extremely delayed and redressal turn around is over 5 weeks.

Thanks very much.

One of the listings has reviews so I'll ask them to merge it.

The other one doesn't and I reported as a duplicate. So you're saying I should say it doesn't exist instead and then do the redressal?

Since one has reviews, just email support to handle both unclaimed listings.

After claiming the duplicate, I requested that Google merge the two listings and delete the third one. I have followed up repeatedly but Google hasn't even responded. Is there anything else I can do?

This issue continues: client has THREE GMB listings. Two are duplicates. All three have different addresses.

I was able to claim one of the dupes with the different address, I then requested that Google merge them. I also asked them to remove the other listing I couldn't claim.

Multiple back and forth emails with Google Support.

Google told me to REMOVE the duplicate listing from my account. But won't that listing still appear in maps? It will just be removed from my account.

I sent them a screenshot of the official State website showing the company's name and address. I've sent them an aerial photo of the business and photos of the company signage.

Is there anything else I can do? I wish I wish phone support still existed....

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom