More threads by CodefixerCorey

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm having an issue; we have a client that has a duplicate GMB listing. This listing is under the incorrect business name and wrong address.

I have regained access to this listing on behalf of the client and would like to remove this listing, however, following speaking to Google support they suggested we just set the business as permanently closed then remove from my account (which would just mean I lose access).

Should I just change the NAP to something completely irrelevant, unlink my website and set as closed, or is there a better way to have it actually removed?

Thanks in advance folks,

Corey

@CodefixerCorey, what Joy said. If for some reason Google won't mark your listing as "moved," I suggest removing the phone number and landing page URL, and marking it as "permanently closed."

@CodefixerCorey, what Joy said. If for some reason Google won't mark your listing as "moved," I suggest removing the phone number and landing page URL, and marking it as "permanently closed."

Thanks Phil and @JoyHawkins, I appreciate the help! It's crazy that they don't just have a simple "Delete" button, eventually, GMB will likely be filled with closed businesses!

Thanks Phil and @JoyHawkins, I appreciate the help! It's crazy that they don't just have a simple "Delete" button, eventually, GMB will likely be filled with closed businesses!

They used to, but it was abused (likely when people got bad reviews) so it's gone now.

You can also get them to merge the listing to a new location listing... sometimes it takes a few calls to get the right rep, but we've done it a few times now.

It's really rough to clean things up without a delete button - I wish they would let you delete a listing that didn't have reviews.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom